NOT BOOTING!

Tris15

Hi guys, I really need your help now!!!

I just build a pc for my dad, everything worked, installed the OS (windows 7x64) on the SSD, but for some weird reason it wasn't booting fast.

So I checked the BIOS/UEFI and for some reason the 2tb seagate hard drive was selected but I installed it on the SSD.

So I wanted to change it but if I boot now I get a black screen, with a little white stripe top left!

I REALY NEED YOUR HELP GUYS!

System:

AMD A10-5800k APU

AS ROCK Mobo

2tb seagate baracuda HDD

Adata 60gb SSD

Corsair CX430

8gb Ram 1600Hz

HELP!!!!

did you chance the bios? or did it not work? try running it with the windows cd in it, and then re-install it on the ssd

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Trying switching the SATA mode to AHCI in BIOS, save changes and try booting again.

Doesn't work D:

I would re-install.

Always unplug the drive you are not installing the OS on before you install (change to AHCI before you install) make sure it boots up, shut down and plug your hard drive back in and make the SSD the primary boot drive.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

did you chance the bios? or did it not work? try running it with the windows cd in it, and then re-install it on the ssd

I have windows on a usb but i get the same problem!

I think the install is on the SSD but the boot loader is on the HDD. You could remove the HDD and boot from USB/DVD of WIndows install, choose repair and get the boot loader on to the SSD. If not follow what Matsy said about complete re-install with only the SSD installed to avoid any confusion.

I would re-install.

Always unplug the drive you are not installing the OS on before you install (change to AHCI before you install) make sure it boots up, shut down and plug your hard drive back in and make the SSD the primary boot drive.

No matter where I boot from I get the same! D:

No matter where I boot from I get the same! D:

Yes I know, you most likely corrupted the install.

Unplug the 2tb seagate, and re-install windows onto the SSD (make sure to change bios setting to AHCI)

Make sure it boots, THEN plug your seagate back in.

Always unplug whatever drive(s) you are not installing on before a install.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I think you've installed the OS on your HDD without realising. Are you 100% sure that you've installed it to the SSD? If you haven't unplug all other drives, format the SSD and try re-installing Windows. After Windows has installed, boot up the PC without any other drives plugged in, see if you get the same error. If you're still getting the error then your SSD might be dead, so install Windows onto the HDD and see if Windows registers the SSD in disk management. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

Change your boot priorites

I think you've installed the OS on your HDD without realising. Are you 100% sure that you've installed it to the SSD? If you haven't unplug all other drives, format the SSD and try re-installing Windows. After Windows has installed, boot up the PC without any other drives plugged in, see if you get the same error. If you're still getting the error then your SSD might be dead, so install Windows onto the HDD and see if Windows registers the SSD in disk management. 

How can I format the SSD?

How can I format the SSD?

Just run the install again with the CD and format it there and re-install.

If you have multiple drives running windows can screw up and install parts of the OS over 2 drives (if that makes sense) so unplugging the seagate, and reinstalling on the SSD, should remedy the issue you're having. It's not a bad drive, because you're not being thrown an error. Just unplug the sata power and data connectors on the seagate drive, wipe the install on the SSD and reinstall (once the SSD is set to AHCI of course). Once that's done, and you boot successfully you can plug the seagate drive back in and set it up to be a secondary drive (linus has a video on this if you need help. It's very simple however).

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Yes I know, you most likely corrupted the install.

Unplug the 2tb seagate, and re-install windows onto the SSD (make sure to change bios setting to AHCI)

Make sure it boots, THEN plug your seagate back in.

Always unplug whatever drive(s) you are not installing on before a install.

Just run the install again with the CD and format it there and re-install.

Guys i think you are not getting the problem, I all tried your advice but I can't re-intall the OS! If I try that I get that black screen with the white stripe in the top left!

Guys i think you are not getting the problem, I all tried your advice but I can't re-intall the OS! If I try that I get that black screen with the white stripe in the top left!

Can you enter BIOS? Or does it do this before BIOS loads?

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

Can you enter BIOS? Or does it do this before BIOS loads?

no its after I want to boot from something

Guys please react! ;'(

How are you installing? CD? usb boot drive?

Also did you try plugging in your 2tb drive only, and installing on that?

How are you installing? CD? usb boot drive?

Also did you try plugging in your 2tb drive only, and installing on that?

usb, yes i tried everything

usb, yes i tried everything

Then the files on your USB drive are corrupted if it won't work with both drives.

If you have a back-up somewhere, re-make the USB boot drive.

@Matsy But I have the same prob. if I boot without usb so with ssd and hdd

@Matsy But I have the same prob. if I boot without usb so with ssd and hdd

You mean you have tried installing with both a USB Boot drive and a CD?

You mean you have tried installing with both a USB Boot drive and a CD?

only have a usb