Would You Rather, Day 297 - Destroy em All!

Tocsin_786

See below

And let's not forget about the first assault rifle that was nothing short of tremendous at the time--the StG 44--as well as their MP 40 submachine gun. While the StG 44 may have come too late in the war for the Nazis, it was still an incredibly firearm. I've watched documentaries where Allied soldiers would pick up MP 40s from fallen Germans because they preferred it over the submachine guns they were given to use in the field, and I wouldn't be surprised if Allied soldiers picked up fallen StG variants as well.

Some soldiers almost certainly did pick up STG44's but the simple fact is they were too little and too late in the war to make any difference. The numbers with which they were fielded make them pretty insignificant, regardless of how ahead of their time they were. 

The same could be said for the ME262. Amazing aircraft, but too late and too few. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro