Is my old beast dead?

Fercho
Hi guys

So, my old vga (an EVGA 560TI which now belongs to my little brother) appears to be dead

Some red horizontal lines appear on the screen and i can not install drivers. Why? because it crashes my whole system. No BSOD no nothing, it just black screen-stop responding. After that i can only enter windows in safe mode

The only way to use the pc, is to just let windows 10 instal the default generic drivers, and not install any nvidia driver (i tried some 2xx series drivers, did not work)

So, is this the end? is my vga dead?

If it is dead, im not angry or anything. It gave me alot of hours of gaming. I'm just sad for my little brother who only enjoy it for 6 monts before it died

I already tried instaling a new bios, but the problem remains.

I also disassemble the card, searching for a malfunctioning/exploded capacitor or something, but no luck

any ideas? Is the card recuperable?

In any case, thanks for reading

PS: I switch cards between his system and mine, and the problem is definitely the card

Hi guys
So, my old vga (an EVGA 560TI which now belongs to my little brother) appears to be dead

Some red horizontal lines appear on the screen and i can not install drivers. Why? because it crashes my whole system. No BSOD no nothing, it just black screen-stop responding. After that i can only enter windows in safe mode

The only way to use the pc, is to just let windows 10 instal the default generic drivers, and not install any nvidia driver (i tried some 2xx series drivers, did not work)

If it is dead, im not angry or anything. It gave me alot of hours of gaming. I'm just sad for my little brother who only enjoy it for 6 monts before it died

I also disassemble the card, searching for a malfunctioning/exploded capacitor or something, but no luck

PS: I switch cards between his system and mine, and the problem is definitely the card

Have you overclocked it at all?

Q

Have you overclocked it at all?

Nop, never

He told me he was just watching some random show, when the screen turn black for just a second. Then the message of "the display driver stop responding and has recovered" (or something like that, our windows is in spanish) and the pc froze forever after that

Nop, never

He told me he was just watching some random show, when the screen turn black for just a second. Then the message of "the display driver stop responding and has recovered" (or something like that, our windows is in spanish) and the pc froze forever after that

Seems almost like a Windows problem... Try it in a different machine if you can.

Q

Could try DDU, but it looks like a dead card to me.

I did not try that, but he did a clean windows 10 after this problem appea so i don't thinks this is it :/

Seems almost like a Windows problem... Try it in a different machine if you can.

I did, i try it in this system, nothing changed, same problem

And when i put my 280x in his system, everything run smoothly

I did, i try it in this system, nothing changed, same problem

And when i put my 280x in his system, everything run smoothly

Oh dear... Any dirty contacts?

Q

Oh dear... Any dirty contacts?

First thing we both try but nothing changed

What strikes me the most is the sudden failure. He was not even gaming

First thing we both try but nothing changed

What strikes me the most is the sudden failure. He was not even gaming

Yeah, it may have packed it in for good. It could POSSIBLY be broken solder joints.

Q

Hi guys

Please tell me your brother is not using a generic PSU.

Yeah, it may have packed it in for good. It could POSSIBLY be broken solder joints.

Soooo, bake the card and see what happend?

Soooo, bake the card and see what happend?

I guess. You've got nothing to lose at this point.

Q

Please tell me your brother is not using a generic PSU.

He has thermaltake tr2 600w

I guess. You've got nothing to lose at this point.

He is already looking for a new card sooooo, yeah. If i have time, i will do it tomorrow and update the thread

He is already looking for a new card sooooo, yeah. If i have time, i will do it tomorrow and update the thread

Alrighty! Good night.

Q

Alrighty! Good night.

Thanks for everything man, to you and the others

This was somewhat common with Fermi based cards. An oven bake generally fixes this. 220C for 15 mins will be exactly what you need.

i forgot to buy aluminum foil today :S

Thx for the details