Portable audio thread?

EmoRarity

What do you do for portable audio? I run a FiiO E07k off an iPhone 3G to a pair of 7506's, when not using 7506's, I use SE-215's. Waiting for a friend to order something of Amazon so I can get a bypass and not have to pay shipping for something that cost $10. Flip phone irrelevant, I just put it there so I don't lose it. 
1240380_713921061967460_2044335_n.jpg

What do you rock for a portable set up? 

I used to use an E5 with my phone, but having a car pretty much removed the need for me to have portable audio.

Error: 410

I just use my phone with shure se-215. When I get my new phone will try to go for 64gb and put flac on my phone since I don't put much else on my phone in the way of apps or video.

I just use my phone with shure se-215. When I get my new phone will try to go for 64gb and put flac on my phone since I don't put much else on my phone in the way of apps or video.

Not that any headphone ever will make use of flac. Measurably at least, not even going to touch the perceived difference. You like the SE-215's lack of mids? I find it annoying. 

Shure SE315's off my Galaxy S3. The DAC in the S3 is more than acceptable and doesn't warrant needing an external amp, it drives my Philips Cityscape Uptowns well too.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Shure SE315's off my Galaxy S3. The DAC in the S3 is more than acceptable and doesn't warrant needing an external amp, it drives my Philips Cityscape Uptowns well too.

Not a fan of anything above the 215's, but thats just me. I don't use my FiiO with my SE-215's, only my 7506's, or what ever headphones that I happen to have on hand at the moment.

Not a fan of anything above the 215's, but thats just me. I don't use my FiiO with my SE-215's, only my 7506's, or what ever headphones that I happen to have on hand at the moment.

Check again, 315's, not 215's  ;) I haven't heard any IEM's better as of yet, but that's just me.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Check again, 315's, not 215's  ;) I haven't heard any IEM's better as of yet, but that's just me.

Read again. And even then, I don't like any of Shure's IEM's. I just happen to like the 215's more then the rest, and only use mine when traveling or when I don't want to tote the brick around. 

Sony XB-500's with Galaxy S4 running RocketPlayer with FLAC support.

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Read again. And even then, I don't like any of Shure's IEM's. I just happen to like the 215's more then the rest, and only use mine when traveling or when I don't want to tote the brick around. 

Good thing audio is subjective  :) They have fantastic build quality which I love, absolutely unsurpassed.

Good thing audio is subjective  :) They have fantastic build quality which I love, absolutely unsurpassed.

inb4 V-moda. I concur though, but my pair of 7506's are going on 6 very shortly, so build isn't as much of an issue for me.

Sony XB-500's with Galaxy S4 running RocketPlayer with FLAC support.

The last good headphone in the XB line before they completely lost value. 

inb4 V-moda. I concur though, but my pair of 7506's are going on 6 very shortly, so build isn't as much of an issue for me.

IEM build quality, full size headphone build quality is unrelated.

Not that any headphone ever will make use of flac. Measurably at least, not even going to touch the perceived difference. You like the SE-215's lack of mids? I find it annoying. 

atm the shure se-215 are the best audio I have so I can't really say it's bad in anyway(not much of an audiophile yet). The songs I usually listen to though benefit from flac by what I have heard and have a  good mix of instruments(8-9 and 1-3 vocal styles)

The last good headphone in the XB line before they completely lost value.

Price to bass is a pretty good ratio

The XB-700 completely obliterate any mids and muffle any highs. The XB-500s are a perfect blend while holding that heavy skull shaking bass :P

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

atm the shure se-215 are the best audio I have so I can't really say it's bad in anyway(not much of an audiophile yet). The songs I usually listen to though benefit from flac by what I have heard and have a  good mix of instruments(8-9 and 1-3 vocal styles)

Then the lack of mids should be a butchery to you? But I digress, they are a great place to start for an IEM.

IEM build quality, full size headphone build quality is unrelated.

But it speaks for the company as a whole. Shure's headphones are generally very well built, though some are quite lacking in that field.

Price to bass is a pretty good ratio

The XB-700 completely obliterate any mids and muffle any highs. The XB-500s are a perfect blend while holding that heavy skull shaking bass :P

I didn't find them that impressive, HD 205 ii's where miles better, and cheaper. Only reason why I ever recommend the XB's over the 205 ii's, is the long straight cable on the 205 ii's was a turn off to most. Still a solid can though. 

I didn't find them that impressive, HD 205 ii's where miles better, and cheaper. Only reason why I ever recommend the XB's over the 205 ii's, is the long straight cable on the 205 ii's was a turn off to most. Still a solid can though.

I havent tried them out! Hm..are they bass heavy or all around balanced?

**double post due to lag**

I havent tried them out! Hm..are they bass heavy or all around balanced?

Overly warm, but balanced in general. 

Overly warm, but balanced in general.

I'll try them out soon :)

Then the lack of mids should be a butchery to you? But I digress, they are a great place to start for an IEM.

like I said not much of an audiophile so i'm not sure what instruments are mids.

my favorite group has lead, bass, and rhythm guitar, drums, violin, bagpipe, flute, hurdy gurdy(complicated to explain. Has 3 sets of strings, keys, and crank), and then some other instruments like harp, mandola, mandolin and tin whistle. Then have male vocals and 2 female singers.

2nd favorite group uses same 3 guitars, drums, cello, accordion, electric keyboard, and trumpet. then just one male singer.

iphone to e7 to ath m50 or ath ws55 depending on mood

will likely sell the m50 and possibly e7 when the forum opens up sales. 

in colder toque weather I've been known to run around with ad700's  on my head