Why is my internet so bad?

Dubesta11

Stop complaining... Some people don't have water

Magical Pineapples

No every one despises Comcast. Time Warner cant hold a candle to Comcast. 

On that note, I would be checking the modems signal levels. It could be a signal issues, if it is, then you will need a tech out. 

Lol, have you seen Comcast Internet Speeds? They are the highest in America excluding Fiber, but even have faster Fiber than Google.

For a decent price you can have over 150mbps. If you wanna pay some extra you can get their 2GB Fiber up/dn (yes 2GB).

I don't understand the hate for Comcast, I know there have been some calls posted online before like years ago of some bad eggs, but even McD's hires rude people sometimes. That, and they don't throttle connection or block anything. They've also increased their internet speeds for like 75% of America while other Companies are not even upgrading or even offer internet service. I also haven't heard of Comcast teaming up with the NSA like At&t and TWC. 

Maybe it is just the trash of America who expect to be provided Fiber to the home for free like Google who has so much money they can do whatever. 

Lol, have you seen Comcast Internet Speeds? They are the highest in America excluding Fiber, but even have faster Fiber than Google.

For a decent price you can have over 150mbps. If you wanna pay some extra you can get their 2GB Fiber up/dn (yes 2GB).

I don't understand the hate for Comcast, I know there have been some calls posted online before like years ago of some bad eggs, but even McD's hires rude people sometimes. That, and they don't throttle connection or block anything. They've also increased their internet speeds for like 75% of America while other Companies are not even upgrading or even offer internet service. I also haven't heard of Comcast teaming up with the NSA like At&t and TWC. 

Maybe it is just the trash of America who expect to be provided Fiber to the home for free like Google who has so much money they can do whatever. 

Its mostly because they have exclusivity in our home town. Plus they bend you over a F*** you when the bill comes in. Also, I think the fastest speed I saw on their site for our area was 75 Mbps. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

5888c5f93a.png

I mean the download speed is about where I expect it to be, and the ping seems fine, but the upload speed is horrendous. Playing video games on this network is usually a laggy hell and I don't know what to do at this point. I can't even run a home server because it would take forever to upload files.

That upload speed is fine for gaming, I have 90KB upload and that does the job fine for games

I can't stop spending money my stupid home lab, help.

5888c5f93a.png

I mean the download speed is about where I expect it to be, and the ping seems fine, but the upload speed is horrendous. Playing video games on this network is usually a laggy hell and I don't know what to do at this point. I can't even run a home server because it would take forever to upload files.

Also try Ethernet cable, it could be that your wireless is suffering from massive packet loss issues

I can't stop spending money my stupid home lab, help.

Its mostly because they have exclusivity in our home town. Plus they bend you over a F*** you when the bill comes in. Also, I think the fastest speed I saw on their site for our area was 75 Mbps. 

Never had an issue regarding the bill so I have no idea what your talking about. Like with all cable companies and cell phone companies they always have extra fees that are related to 911, FFC fees, local city, state, fed. You could get mad at local 911 services, local city, state, etc since they require those fees and go directly to them. But that is how it works and apart of being an adult. 

I see posts online saying how they are going to contact the FFC and report cable companies for extra fees. FFC doesn't care as long as they get paid. 

Never had an issue regarding the bill so I have no idea what your talking about. Like with all cable companies and cell phone companies they always have extra fees that are related to 911, FFC fees, local city, state, fed. You could get mad at local 911 services, local city, state, etc since they require those fees and go directly to them. But that is how it works and apart of being an adult. 

I see posts online saying how they are going to contact the FFC and report cable companies for extra fees. FFC doesn't care as long as they get paid. 

Your right. But Bi annual rate hikes and charging for Cable boxes we as customers should be able to buy is what is wrong, And you are right, we are mad at our local government for signing that stupid exclusive rights agreement. Because now we are fucked forever. ATT doesn't want to expand and its probably to expensive for any other ISP to enter our city. 

The Fees I am pissed about is 9.99 for normal boxes, 3.99 for digital converters, which used to cost 1.99. We have 5 TV's do the math. $355 a year in boxes. Box fees go up every hear. Shit, we probley own most of these boxes now because we have paid the total cost many times over. We dont even get HD service or have a DVR because the costs are too much. Im sorry, the cable industry does not have the right to a cost of living increase twice a year, when the average american worker hasnt seen one in at least a decade. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

5888c5f93a.png

Two things:

1). If you're using WiFi, try an Ethernet cable instead. This will show if you're getting any significant speed loss through WiFi interference.

2). If you're using a router, plug directly into the modem provided by the ISP through an Ethernet cable. This will show the raw speed coming through into your home.

If you are getting faster raw speed coming in by plugging Ethernet directly into the modem, then you know it's either the router or WiFi signal that is the issue.

SSD vs HDD Direct Comparison - Identical Drive Images | SSD Boots Windows 7 + Load 27 Apps in 1 Minute | 17 Second Boot - POST to Desktop
Razer Blade 14 (2015) | Core i7-4720HQ | 8GB RAM | GeForce 970M | 500GB M.2 SSD | 14.1" 1920x1080 Display | 4.19 lbs