Acer P3 tablet or something else?

Analog

Up till now I have never considered tablets a viable option for me since I use my notebooks not just for web browsing and school work, but also light gaming. However today I found out that I would need a tablet, because some of my books for the university are only eBooks. I now own a ASUS VX6, which is a quite small notebook with an awful TN panel. Therefor I'm currently looking for a new tablet with a nice screen, good enough battery life and most important of all it must have the full Windows 8 experience. My budget is 600 euros (670USD) tops.

Is the Acer P3 tablet any good? It looks pretty nice, has a i3 processor, SSD and it has a keyboard. Do you guys recommend it? Is anything else at that price point, which is better?

I like playing some casual games like Counter-Strike 1.6 or DOTA 2 from time to time.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

does it have HD 4000 on the iGPU?

I don't know. It has a Core i3 Haswell processor in it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

if its this one http://store.acer.com/store?SiteID=aceremea&Locale=en_GB&Action=Content&pbPage=P3&Currency=GBP?campname=P3ecomm_UK&camplink=wowpage

it does should be ok for some counter strike 1.6 not sure on DOTA though

It's exactly this one, which I was looking at. Do I have any other options? I know that there are some Intel Atom base tablets, which are a lot cheaper and are supposed to have like 8-9h battery life. Are those powerful enough?

It's exactly this one, which I was looking at. Do I have any other options? I know that there are some Intel Atom base tablets, which are a lot cheaper and are supposed to have like 8-9h battery life. Are those powerful enough?

for a little light gaming and I assume documents and things like that its perfectly fine.

for a little light gaming and I assume documents and things like that its perfectly fine.

Ok than. Thanks for the answers. I'll read a couple of more reviews on the web before I make up my mind just to make sure that i'll be making the right choice.

A tablet for gaming? Well as long as you can connect a mouse I guess why not.

There is a USB 3.0 port in the side :)