A good Z97 board

So I've recently tracked down an issue I was having (http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/508412-strange-new-power-issue/#entry6926743) to my Motherboard.

I've currently got a Gigabyte G1 sniper 5, but it looks like it's not actually sold anymore

So I was looking at the Asus Z97-A/USB3.1 what are your thoughts?

The performance I'd gain moving to skylake and ddr4 is too small to justify the cost of any of the skylake boards.

It really depends on the feature set of the mobo. Given the voltage controller is on the package with Haswell/Devil's Canyon, power deliver just has to be 'good' and overclocking will be great.

ASUS is generally the best and their BIOS is by far the best ever, not to mention it's really similar between mobos minus some graphical differences.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

Awesome, order placed!

Thanks all!

Yea I was just gonna say the asus z97-a is probably the best bang for your buck and you don't need to go higher than that

So the new board arrived, I swapped it over, plugged everything in and boom same issue.

I finally figured out what this was, £135 later

I recently got new monitors and I switched from HDMI to DP and it didn't dawn on me that the issue started around the same time.

Ended up swapping the DP cable for £3 and poof problem gone.

Unfortunately there is a good chance I bricked the previous board whilst removing it so stuck with my new one, it seems pretty good, weaker amp so sound not as loud, but arguably cleaner and still loud enough.

That'll learn me I suppose, CHECK ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING before spending loads of money!