Vegas Pro 13 GPU acceleration not working at ALL

WamWooWam

Hi,

So, I got a GTX 960, Yes I know it isn't the BEST card in the world but that isn't the point

I use Vegas Pro 13 for video editing and it supposedly supports CUDA acceleration of video rendering and previews but I can't for the life of me get it to work.

It barely touches the GPU whilst video previews on the Good 1/4 res setting run at 1-4fps and video production is PAINFUL, 4-5 mins for a 45 second clip to produce.

Even after disabling GPU acceleration the performance is identical.

What's going on?

Failed to load signature. Error 404 - Witty comment not found

Im not expert but I think not every part of vegas pro (same as after effects) can use gpu acceleration. 

The Maxwell line of video cards do not work with Vegas Pro. I could not use my GTX 970 for video acceleration, and ended up running a 6870 alongside it for awhile, until I upgraded to the Adobe CC Suite.

The Maxwell line of video cards do not work with Vegas Pro. I could not use my GTX 970 for video acceleration, and ended up running a 6870 alongside it for awhile, until I upgraded to the Adobe CC Suite.

Oh, that explains it. It's funny that I couldn't for the life of me find this on the web

Oh, that explains it. It's funny that I couldn't for the life of me find this on the web

Finding information on it was really hit or miss, but you can look at the list for supported GPUs for acceleration on Sony's website. 

Finding information on it was really hit or miss, but you can look at the list for supported GPUs for acceleration on Sony's website.

I generally don't go on 'officially' supported because half the time it's going to work anyway but this is professional software so I should've looked at that