Help i can't overclock i5 4690k on Asrock H97M ITX / ac

Hello community!

Today i build my new rig completly.

I got the i5 4690k on 3.4 GHZ to overclock it at the end.

When im in the BIOS, there is absolutley no CPU Ratio Changer

there isnt even a Voltage changer.

The only thing i can activate is the Intel BOOST in the mainboard, but a quick look on CPUZ tells me that there is no overclocking happening.

My RIG informations:

CPU: Intel Core I5 4690k

GPU: Nvidea GTX 980ti Phantom

RAM: HyperX 2x8 GB DDR3

HDD: Western Digital Red 3 TB

Ill attach a Screenshot of my CPUZ.

I aprecheate ANY TYPE OF HELP! - How do i overclock my processor ?

Scincerley

J.S

post-301289-0-07370100-1452442717.png

Hello community!

Today i build my new rig completly.

I got the i5 4690k on 3.4 GHZ to overclock it at the end.

When im in the BIOS, there is absolutley no CPU Ratio Changer

there isnt even a Voltage changer.

The only thing i can activate is the Intel BOOST in the mainboard, but a quick look on CPUZ tells me that there is no overclocking happening.

My RIG informations:

CPU: Intel Core I5 4690k

GPU: Nvidea GTX 980ti Phantom

RAM: HyperX 2x8 GB DDR3

HDD: Western Digital Red 3 TB

Ill attach a Screenshot of my CPUZ.

I aprecheate ANY TYPE OF HELP! - How do i overclock my processor ?

Scincerley

J.S

You have H97 board you need a Z-series board like a Z97 or Z87 motherboard to do overclocking

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

You can't OC on a h97 motherboard. You need a z97 or a maximus board to OC.

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

One does not simpily overclock on a H97 board

One needs a motherboard beginning with a Z in front 

Asus has unlocked CPU modifiers on their H series boards, so check up on your BIOS updates because when one company does something, the rest usually jump onboard.

Asus has unlocked CPU modifiers on their H series boards, so check up on your BIOS updates because when one company does something, the rest usually jump onboard.

where can i update my bios? i'd love you if u gave me a link :D

Return the board, spend a bit more and grab a Z97 board. Do it right the first time so you don't have to go through all this mess. Don't know how to how to update bios then read instructions carefully. Don't want to screw that up.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Quite the contrary to what most people think. I had the Asus H97-M Plus mATX and was able to get 4.3Ghz on the i5-4690K...

I appreciate yours is mini-ITX and may have other limiting factors.

a Z series mobo is more optimized for OCíng as the same i5-4690K yielded 4.6 GHz on the Asus Maximus Z97 mobo

edit:http://www.techpowerup.com/202196/asus-enables-overclocking-on-h97-h87-b85-and-h81-series-motherboards.html

Alright i updated the BIOS but now my PC wont start. i did everything like the instruction... fkin hell dont tell me i killed my brand new pc

Alright i updated the BIOS but now my PC wont start. i did everything like the instruction... fkin hell dont tell me i killed my brand new pc

Can you access to the UEFI setting?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes, this board (H97M/ITX-ac) is overclockable.   I have it running at 4.3Ghz no problem with the 4970K and used the automated overclocking tool from ASRock.   I am only posting to this thread because it's the first thread I found when I was trying to find out if my board would overclock and there is a lot of misinformation here.   Download the latest MOBO firmware and the ASRock A-Tuning utility.   At 4.3Ghz and the stock cooler temps run in the 40C range on the 4970K.   The utility was pretty easy to use, select "performance" and there is a page that auto-tunes the processor for you.