Reasons to go i3 or higher over a Pentium?

The CPU that I'm looking at is the Pentium G4500, which is the cheapest Intel CPU with the HD 530 iGPU.  Even the most expensive Skylake i7 also has the 530 iGPU.

I have had issues with decent upscaling on my laptop, but it's also a seven year old laptop with the Mobile Intel Series 4 chipset.  According to the user benchmarks, the HD 530 is 2000% more powerful. :D

if you need a powerful iGPU, AMD A10 series destroy almost every intel offer.

Skylake, Haswell aint got shit on it. only the 382 USD Broadwell i5 5675c and 394 USD Broadwell i7 5775c can beat a 120USD A10 7850k in gaming

and no. skylake does NOT beat AMDs offers in iGPU...

http://anandtech.com/bench/product/1497?vs=1543

check out the "on Intergrated Graphics" part..... It loses in Minimums, average.... no, not even a competition if you lose by 20FPS in minimums

Currently speculation regarding intel and amd's new gen is sparking major increases in performance and ddr4 support but we have no real evidence yet. Intel has had a large marketshare for quite a while now and Amd with Zen is making intel scared so i erxpect the next gen to be much better than skylakes marginal improvements. For a 7 year old pentium just upgrade to a haswell pentium as it has recorded data showing its prowess in triple a tiles performing onpar with i5s and i7s.

The CPU that I'm looking at is the Pentium G4500, which is the cheapest Intel CPU with the HD 530 iGPU.  Even the most expensive Skylake i7 also has the 530 iGPU.

I have had issues with decent upscaling on my laptop, but it's also a seven year old laptop with the Mobile Intel Series 4 chipset.  According to the user benchmarks, the HD 530 is 2000% more powerful. :D

Sounds about right, unless that CPU can be overclocked through the roof it still doesn't stand a chance unless the upscaling is completely GPU bound which I doubt.

This link here has an i3 with the 530 GPU on it.

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)

Because at that budget Athlon 860k is much better option ;)

That is a stupid idea as the 860K doesn't have any integrated graphics.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz