New Fans for Antec Kuhler 620

XyzWoot

Hey guys! I'm choosing between the Scythe Grand Flex 2400RPM and Corsair SP 120 High Performance Edition for my Antec Kuhler 620. Which is better? thanks! :D

Hey guys! I'm choosing between the Scythe Grand Flex 2400RPM and Corsair SP 120 High Performance Edition for my Antec Kuhler 620. Which is better? thanks! :D

if its got pwm, that one.  otherwise, ive got a fuckload of sp120 fans and love them

NF-F12s!

I'd personally go with the Scythes if Noctua isn't an option.

Sig under construction.

I haven't seen anyone using the Scythe Grand Flex yet.

But the Corsair Sp120s are fairly common. Some say they're loud, some say they're quiet.

I have two of them installed for my Corsair H105 and they work great. I cannot hear them, because my pump is louder than them anyways and performance wise they're great. They also look really nice.

Whichever is cheaper, both are good fans.And don't fall into the trap of thinking that Noctua is better because it's more expensive

But Noctua!!!!

I guess I'm biased because of my LTT Noctuas.

Sig under construction.

Ohh i see  i think i would go with the SP 120's also for their designs and the rpms are almost close to each other with the grand flex and it has the great blue rings on it and i think it will fit in my blue lights :D thanks!

When in comes to fans, I recommend high quality fans that are static pressure focused. I'll leave those 2 determinations up to you... remember that in your computer case the fans are going to be the primary source of noise, so if you desire a quiet PC... then high quality(aka not usually cheap) is the way to go. Noctua's are great, I'm really liking Fractal's Venturi HP-12.

I have had corsair sp-120's but only the Cheap versions(came with my h100i GTX)

They come in TWO varieties:

1: the cheap version (plain black plastic body)

2: the expensive version (have the colored rings and the rubber corner vibration dampers)

The cheap version of the fans for me were very audible(loud) the fans had a coarse feeling to the fan bearings when spun and got very loud with any increase above very low rpm's.

So... I replaced them with Fractal Venturi HP-12's, the looks are fine, the price is reasonable(far less than the noctua's(i do love the noctua's)) and they perform very well.

The scythe ones but i would go for corsair because 5DB less noise will still sound like a sawmill.

Whichever is cheaper, both are good fans.And don't fall into the trap of thinking that Noctua is better because it's more expensive

Noctuas are better but not because they're more expensive.

They come in TWO varieties:

1: the cheap version (plain black plastic body)

2: the expensive version (have the colored rings and the rubber corner vibration dampers)

The cheap ones you're referring to are SP120L's. 

Performance editions aren't worth getting. If you're going with SP120's for the looks, go with the Quiet Editions. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.