Can 3.5mm male cables short out something?

EdwinX

Hey. I just have a random question. If I were to get a 3.5mm male to male cable and plug it in 2 motherboard 3.5mm connectors, would it short out something?

I totally didn't semi-try this... (no damages tho)

I started wondering about it when I noticed that if I have another 3.5mm cable attatched and enabled, if I touched it I would hear static in my headphones. So that's what randomly got me wondering if it can short something out.

Hey. I just have a random question. If I were to get a 3.5mm male to male cable and plug it in 2 motherboard 3.5mm connectors, would it short out something?

I started wondering about it when I noticed that if I have another 3.5mm cable attatched and enabled, if I touched it I would hear static in my headphones. So that's what randomly got me wondering if it can short something out.

no its not powerful enough.

no its not powerful enough.

Ah. So there would be no damages at all to the sound card on the motherboard if the 3.5mm cable was plugged in?

Headphone port connected to the microphone/line-in port won't hurt anything, headphone to headphone shouldn't hurt anything either(but is not recommended either).

Ah. So there would be no damages at all to the sound card on the motherboard if the 3.5mm cable was plugged in?

speakers or anything post amp would get damaged if you some how sent a large amount of power into the cable, and possibly more(could get damged, but that would be like sticking the plug in a outlet), but any 3.5 to 3.5 jack shoulden't do any thing