Should I overclock?

CPU is an Intel Core 2 Duo E7400. MoBo is a very limited ASUS P5KPL-AM EPU that only lets me disable Intel SpeedStep, C4E, and other Power Saving features.

It does let me change the multiplier, the FSB speed, the RAM speed, but it won't let me change voltages, etc. I was thinking, should I still overclock the CPU or would I just hurt the performance by not setting a stable one?

Just OC as high as you can w/o your voltage change. Should be able to get 500 - 600mhz. Will help out any GPU you have in there quite a bit.

I did that with my E2200 2.2ghz back in the day. Didn't have an aftermarket cooler yet so I just oc'd to 2.75ghz and it was stable and temps were really cool.

i3-4170, H81 board, 8GB DDR3, Crucial M4, GTX 770, Xigmatek Vangaurd Case, Creative Titanium X-fi, Razer Carcharias, 500w PSU, 24" VA panel and a 42" IPS. Thinking about getting a plant.

I don't think you can overclock with the multiplier and the only use of that setting is to lower the max speed, something you don't want to do duh).

You should have a few 100mhz you can play with before you need increases in the voltage.

Im unsure of how well core 2 duos overclock, however most recent i7's are able to reach around 4.2 ghz without any additions to the voltage.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Well, I've been OC'ing it for a while now without any changes in voltage. From 2.8 to 3.36 GHz. Should I disable SpeedStep and C4E?

I don't think you can overclock with the multiplier and the only use of that setting is to lower the max speed, something you don't want to do duh).

I can set the multiplier to the max only (10.5) instead of Auto, if I want to waste power (lol). Then I can manually change the FSB speed. Should I disable SpeedStep and C4E?

I can set the multiplier to the max only (10.5) instead of Auto, if I want to waste power (lol). Then I can manually change the FSB speed. Should I disable SpeedStep and C4E?

No reason to adjust the fsb, just crank up the fsb until it crashes then lower it until its stable. Keep steepstep and c4e on if you like saving power.