Windows + Netflix Servers Blocked

Bubblez
Go to solution Solved by Bubblez,

UPDATE: So I once again tried going into the Telus Modem's Control panel and disabled IPv6. It is now running on IPv4 only. This seems to have corrected the issue this time. Microsoft, Steam, Netflix, and YouTube servers are all accessible now.

If anybody else has an issue similar to this, i guess I would suggest disabling your modems IPv6.

I've been decently active on the LTT Forums this past week trying to solve a problem. I will explain everything as best as I can.

Firstly, My ISP is Telus (Canada).

About a month ago I began having issues on Netflix and Youtube. Both websites where being blocked. I could access the websites, but I couldn't load any videos. There was no internet connection reaching the Netflix servers (according to Netflix) which therefor caused the videos to time out. -- Side note, I came to the LTT forums about this issue when it first started, and only 2 people replied saying that my ISP was throttling my connection to Netflix. i disputed that, and now I know that's not what was happening. 

About one week ago I noticed that I hadn't received any windows updates in a while. I tried to get updates to my windows, but kept getting an error message. After talking to Microsoft and doing a ton of my own research, I found out that the error I was getting meant that my internet connection to the Microsoft Update Server was being blocked -- Exactly the same issue I am having with the Netflix and Youtube servers.

I have been in communication with Telus for 4 weeks now trying to solve the issue. Nobody there is able to figure it out. One of the Managers at Telus took over my case, and eventually attempted to disable IPv6 and only use IPv4 in my modems control panel. This solved the problem with connecting to the Microsoft Server, and the Netflix Server, but creating a new problem where I couldn't connect to the Steam server.

I know that this is NOT a computer or operating system problem, like Telus thought it might be, as I have now down 2 completely CLEAN installs of Windows 10 onto my system. Also, the servers being block isn't just on my computer, I also cant access the Netflix or Youtube servers on any other device in my household (XBONE, tablet, iPhone)

Does anybody have any suggestions at all?

To use Linus' words: "They're, like, legendarily terrible", or "They're probablly typing with their faces, as usual"  :P

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

I've been decently active on the LTT Forums this past week trying to solve a problem. I will explain everything as best as I can.

Firstly, My ISP is Telus (Canada).

About a month ago I began having issues on Netflix and Youtube. Both websites where being blocked. I could access the websites, but I couldn't load any videos. There was no internet connection reaching the Netflix servers (according to Netflix) which therefor caused the videos to time out. -- Side note, I came to the LTT forums about this issue when it first started, and only 2 people replied saying that my ISP was throttling my connection to Netflix. i disputed that, and now I know that's not what was happening. 

About one week ago I noticed that I hadn't received any windows updates in a while. I tried to get updates to my windows, but kept getting an error message. After talking to Microsoft and doing a ton of my own research, I found out that the error I was getting meant that my internet connection to the Microsoft Update Server was being blocked -- Exactly the same issue I am having with the Netflix and Youtube servers.

I have been in communication with Telus for 4 weeks now trying to solve the issue. Nobody there is able to figure it out. One of the Managers at Telus took over my case, and eventually attempted to disable IPv6 and only use IPv4 in my modems control panel. This solved the problem with connecting to the Microsoft Server, and the Netflix Server, but creating a new problem where I couldn't connect to the Steam server.

I know that this is NOT a computer or operating system problem, like Telus thought it might be, as I have now down 2 completely CLEAN installs of Windows 10 onto my system. Also, the servers being block isn't just on my computer, I also cant access the Netflix or Youtube servers on any other device in my household (XBONE, tablet, iPhone)

Does anybody have any suggestions at all?

The fact that you said you cant access the netflix or youtube on anything in your house means its a modem/router issue.. perhaps with firewalls or what not. Try a different router/modem and see if it changes. 

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

The fact that you said you cant access the netflix or youtube on anything in your house means its a modem/router issue.. perhaps with firewalls or what not. Try a different router/modem and see if it changes. 

Hi Cvdasfg. Telus thought that it might be a problem with the Router/Modem (all internet hardware is owned by my ISP) so they sent a tech out to my house and replaced my wireless router. The problem still persists. 

Hi Cvdasfg. Telus thought that it might be a problem with the Router/Modem (all internet hardware is owned by my ISP) so they sent a tech out to my house and replaced my wireless router. The problem still persists. 

well hate to be that guy but if your using the modem/router there giving you then that is very likely to be the problem. Those things are junk

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

UPDATE: So I once again tried going into the Telus Modem's Control panel and disabled IPv6. It is now running on IPv4 only. This seems to have corrected the issue this time. Microsoft, Steam, Netflix, and YouTube servers are all accessible now.

If anybody else has an issue similar to this, i guess I would suggest disabling your modems IPv6.