Troubleshooting aircooling.

optimup

Hello.
I feel like my computer is getting a bit warmer than I would hope for. (And the noise is not that plesant either.)
And I wondered, since I'm going to get better cooling and new fans as soon as the next paycheck comes, what is the best way to troubleshoot aircooling. I want to pinpoint where more exactly spots where my cooling is at fault, so not to overspend and be better prepared for upgrading.

Try cleaning all the fans of dust, that is the number one killer. 

After that check your CPU and GPU temps using SpeedFan or some other monitor software, maybe it is hotter in your room and your fans are ramping up.

RyanTheCanadian

Network Administration / Systems Management and Security / White Hat

My computer is the definition of scrapyard wars.

What are your temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Temps? Case fans have little effect on CPU temps and bit more to GPU temps. If you have small case with messy cables, cleaning those and removing dust is one thing. If nothing improves, your CPU cooler is most likely first thing to mark as issue. Most people upgrade case fans because of looks and noise.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If you live in a region with cold climate (below 20 at average) the opening the side panel is an option for a short period of time.

You can operate with out PC Case Panel open and a table fan blowing air over it until you get money for new fans.

Hardcore Hardware Whore | Check out my Blog for for Latest Tech News and more | Cricket Fan | Weapons Nut |