Any DP 1.3 displays coming?

CostcoSamples

I have not been able to find any word on new monitors supporting DP 1.3 at CES 2016. Has anyone else seen anything?  It seems like displays manufacturers are not looking very far to the future.  There is demand right now for 4k 120hz displays, and that demand will increase sharply later this year when 16nm GPUs are available.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

It's not on GPUs either yet, so there is nothing that could drive them anyway. I'd expect to see them by the end of the year, though the market will be tiny for a couple of years yet IMO, unless there is a huge leap in GPU power of course.

"There is a demand for 4K 120hz displays?"

As if those types of framerates are viable at 4K. You're talking >2 high-end graphics cards setup. This is an absolute niche market... 

me

AMD's new gpu architecture is going to allegedly use dp 1.3 isn't it? I'm hoping Nvidia uses it with Pascal. That would mean that by the end of the year, we'd have dp 1.3 capable video cards. Especially for high end monitors, like Asus' 4k ips g-sync monitor, I don't see why they wouldn't go with a 120Hz panel and dp 1.3.

Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.

AMD's new gpu architecture is going to allegedly use dp 1.3 isn't it? I'm hoping Nvidia uses it with Pascal. That would mean that by the end of the year, we'd have dp 1.3 capable video cards. Especially for high end monitors, like Asus' 4k ips g-sync monitor, I don't see why they wouldn't go with a 120Hz panel and dp 1.3.

Exactly.  And since most people buy displays for at least 3 to 5 years or more, having DP 1.3 4k 120hz would give you room to grow with future GPU upgrades.

personally, I am not willing to fork out top dollar for a display unless it is 4k 120hz or better.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

pascal and amd's next gpus' will have 1.3...and monitors will come with them

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

pascal and amd's next gpus' will have 1.3...and monitors will come with them

Well, that is the hope.  But if true, why are we not seeing any DP 1.3 displays at CES 2016??  I was expecting to see some announcements in this regard but have been disappointed.  Perhaps they are at least another year away.

PC Build

Desk Build

Well, that is the hope.  But if true, why are we not seeing any DP 1.3 displays at CES 2016??  I was expecting to see some announcements in this regard but have been disappointed.  Perhaps they are at least another year away.

you will at computex

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile