Need some help updating my resume

shibbs

So I'm updating my resume, and trying to get the hell out of the automotive industry. Automotive was my fall-back growing up, and a part-time gig through college. I got roped into a dealership...... blah blah blah. I want out. 

So. My question:

How the heck would I say (in a super-awesome buzzword-y way) that I have excellent knowledge of and I closely follow the computer hardware industry?

My brain is fried from dealing with these braindead BMW customers all day.  <_<

(apologies to BMW owners on this board)

Well you need real life experience to get what you have now. how much do you make at the dealership? its going to be hard to match that right off the bat. 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Well you need real life experience to get what you have now. how much do you make at the dealership? its going to be hard to match that right off the bat. 

Ha, I'm a parts peon. "Big Dealership Buxx" isn't in my vocabulary. 

still, even if you make like 20 dollars an hour, its gonna be hard to match as you dont have anything to back it up with. i recommend staying with your job and get an A plus certification as well as some cisco ones. and once you can get a job you are happy with go for that 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Take this test 

https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a

Keep in mind its a bit harder then just GPU goes into PCI slot but its still not super difficult. Check out professor messer he has a free video study guide. its a good starting point 

...Becuase you knowing what goes into PC is important for automotive industry. Sorry, but they are looking for electronics engineer and software engineers. It requires more than such general knowledge you already have.

If you want to mention it in hobby category, I say I'm into computers. Nothing more.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

...Becuase you knowing what goes into PC is important for automotive industry. Sorry, but they are looking for electronics engineer and software engineers. It requires more than such general knowledge you already have.

If you want to mention it in hobby category, I say I'm into computers. Nothing more.

Oh, wow, Mr. Super Stalker. Please, since you apparently know me, please tell me all about my experience. (Hint, it's further down this post.)

And thanks for your help with the actual question I asked in the post!  :rolleyes:

Take this test 

https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a

Keep in mind its a bit harder then just GPU goes into PCI slot but its still not super difficult. Check out professor messer he has a free video study guide. its a good starting point 

I've already got my A+, CCNA, and MCSA. Majored in Electrical and Computer Engineering, minor in Computer Science. But thanks.

I was literally just looking for someone who's good with words. But it's all good. Had a coworker help me out.

Here is a copy of my CV. It should give you some general ideas on how to structure your CV as you being to move from one career into another. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be more than happy to answer them.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-woT7L8qCGZrK-_03HygVp0jDaE7l_VAHHDaRvwQLqI/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you. I'll look it over. 

Oh, wow, Mr. Super Stalker. Please, since you apparently know me, please tell me all about my experience. (Hint, it's further down this post.)

And thanks for your help with the actual question I asked in the post!  :rolleyes:

I've already got my A+, CCNA, and MCSA. Majored in Electrical and Computer Engineering, minor in Computer Science. But thanks.

Well in that case... I mean I've seen many posts about "Hi I like computers and want to work with them, what to do?". Which don't have clue that what we do as hobby is irrelevant for the whole industry.

If you have actual skill and education, you use that. Saying something like "<insert education here> and worked with school projects that handle <insert subjects here>. There I used <insert used skills and tools>". Thats how I've worded my experience using GIS and special 3D modelling software.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Here is a copy of my CV. It should give you some general ideas on how to structure your CV as you being to move from one career into another. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be more than happy to answer them.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-woT7L8qCGZrK-_03HygVp0jDaE7l_VAHHDaRvwQLqI/edit?usp=sharing

Yo thanks, im going to use your resume to outline mine :)