X99 sabertooth bios update ?

Ever since I bricked my i7 860 mobo I have stopped doing bios updates myself, my shop told me they did a bios update when I picked up my motherboard, but sadly they didn't . I have the very first release bios, I haven't started over locking yet. Would updating my bios make a huge difference in overclocking ?

And does anyone know how safe the bios flashback on the motherboard is ?

Not really no. Asus motherboards have a neat little feature where you put the new BIOS on a USB stick, plug it into a specific USB port on the I/O and press a button (I think) and it does the rest itself (I think). I highly advise that you don't though.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Ever since I bricked my i7 860 mobo I have stopped doing bios updates myself, my shop told me they did a bios update when I picked up my motherboard, but sadly they didn't . I have the very first release bios, I haven't started over locking yet. Would updating my bios make a huge difference in overclocking ?

And does anyone know how safe the bios flashback on the motherboard is ?

updateing the bios is perfectly safe on modern boards..always a way to recover from a bad flash

worst case scenario is you have to buy a 5$ bios chip..since most of them are socketed now..and for the ones that aren't socketed..they usually have a dual bios option

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Not really no. Asus motherboards have a neat little feature where you put the new BIOS on a USB stick, plug it into a specific USB port on the I/O and press a button (I think) and it does the rest itself (I think). I highly advise that you don't though.

Almost. :D Doesn't make it much more of a hassle but you need to have the file named in a certain way in the root of the stick. They say it doesn't matter, but I've had best success with FAT32 formatting. Also whether or not it's safe to have other files, especially other BIOS files seems to vary. I always used a clean stick to play it safe. The stick needs to be in a specific port at the back and then you press and hold the flashback button on the motherboard. The sweetest thing is that the process doesn't require RAM or a CPU, let alone a GPU or a case. Just the PSU. :) 

Almost. :D Doesn't make it much more of a hassle but you need to have the file named in a certain way in the root of the stick. They say it doesn't matter, but I've had best success with FAT32 formatting. Also whether or not it's safe to have other files, especially other BIOS files seems to vary. I always used a clean stick to play it safe. The stick needs to be in a specific port at the back and then you press and hold the flashback button on the motherboard. The sweetest thing is that the process doesn't require RAM or a CPU, let alone a GPU or a case. Just the PSU. :)

It also works if you have a corrupted BIOS :)

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

It also works if you have a corrupted BIOS :)

Oh so if it does fail I can fix it by doing this type of bios update again and again until it works ? Because I think something went wrong because the blue led blinked then went solid