LGA1150 CPU Coolers that fit in a Corsair Spec-01

lilwic
Go to solution Solved by STRMfrmXMN,

How cool does it keep the CPU? Basically, how much will i be able to OC my cpu?

Most < 150mm coolers won't be the best options for overclocking. I'd avoid adjusting the voltage too much. Use Realtemp to monitor temps and when you load temps above the high 70s then maybe tone things down a bit,.

I was wondering what good air coolers there are that will fit in the Spec-01, the maximum height for the Spec-01 on CPU coolers is 150mm with a little extra headroom.

CPU Ryzen 5 3600 | Motherboard MSI B550 | RAM 32 GB Corsair Vengance Pro | GPU EVGA GTX 980ti | Case Corsair 4000X | Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD,  Team GX2 1TB SSD | PSU Sentey 850w 80+ Bronze | Cooling AMD Wraith RGB | PCPartPicker URL https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RN7kGc |

I was wondering what good air coolers there are that will fit in the Spec-01, the maximum height for the Spec-01 on CPU coolers is 150mm with a little extra headroom.

What are you cooling?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Cryorig H7 (145mm tall).

though if you're cooling a non-overclocking chip then you can definitely go with something smaller

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

What are you cooling?

core i-5 4690k devils canyon

CPU Ryzen 5 3600 | Motherboard MSI B550 | RAM 32 GB Corsair Vengance Pro | GPU EVGA GTX 980ti | Case Corsair 4000X | Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD,  Team GX2 1TB SSD | PSU Sentey 850w 80+ Bronze | Cooling AMD Wraith RGB | PCPartPicker URL https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RN7kGc |

core i-5 4690k devils canyon

Gotchu

Noctua has a spendy option for ya http://www.amazon.com/Noctua-Premium-Cooler_-Cooling-NH-L9x65/dp/B00VB3Y89E

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Most < 150mm coolers won't be the best options for overclocking. I'd avoid adjusting the voltage too much. Use Realtemp to monitor temps and when you load temps above the high 70s then maybe tone things down a bit,.

ok, well thanks!

Most < 150mm coolers won't be the best options for overclocking.

There are a good number of good cooler's that would fit in the Spec-01 that are plenty for oc'ing such as a Ninja 4 or NH-C14. The case fits cooler's taller than 150mm despite specifications. There are plenty of people running 212 Evo's in it.

If you would like some cooler recommendations, it would help to mention where you're shopping/located and your budget.

Moved to Air Cooling.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

There are a good number of good cooler's that would fit in the Spec-01 that are plenty for oc'ing such as a Ninja 4 or NH-C14. The case fits cooler's taller than 150mm despite specifications. There are plenty of people running 212 Evo's in it.

If you would like some cooler recommendations, it would help to mention where you're shopping/located and your budget.

Moved to Air Cooling.

Ah, OK, thanks man. Just kinda went along with Corsair's estimate.