GTA V stuttering

Baron623

So I have a GTX 970 and I just recently started having issues with GTA V. I added a second monitor and it began to drop from 60 fps to 30 or lower at times. Most of the time I am driving. I run it on a 1080p monitor and the other monitor has nothing running on it and is 1024p

Have you just tried disconnecting the second monitor?

FX-6300 cooled by Nepton 240M | EVGA GTX 970 SuperClocked | 8GB G.Skill ValueRAM | Cooler Master 690 III | Sharkoon WMP 500 Bronze

Power supplies:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/406160-psu-ranking-and-tiers/ My F@h stats: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=zyntaxable Intel vs. FX for gaming: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/401217-more-updated-fx-vs-intel-for-gaming/

Consider running the second monitor off of your integrated graphics rather than the 970.

Edit: to enable the integrated graphics and 970 simultaneously, you may need to enable 'iGPU multimonitor' in BIOS.

Almost as cool as my temps  

So I have a GTX 970 and I just recently started having issues with GTA V. I added a second monitor and it began to drop from 60 fps to 30 or lower at times. Most of the time I am driving. I run it on a 1080p monitor and the other monitor has nothing running on it and is 1024p

CPU?

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

#RAMGate

get GPU-Z and monitor your GPU Clocks

also bring up task manager to monitor your CPU utilization

since you now have two monitors you can have it all at the same time

grab a screenshot when you get the FPS dips and post back with pictures

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

The 970 struggling with the other monitor like others have suggested doesn't seem quite right to me.

I have a 290X (which is for all intents and purposes the same as a 970) and two 1080p monitors and my fps drop in games with the addition of the second monitor was negligible if there was one at all. Idk what your problem could be.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

The 970 struggling with the other monitor like others have suggested doesn't seem quite right to me.

I have a 290X (which is for all intents and purposes the same as a 970) and two 1080p monitors and my fps drop in games with the addition of the second monitor was negligible if there was one at all. Idk what your problem could be.

I'll also add my two cents just because I'm looking, I don't experience these performance issues on my sister's PC (which uses an i5 3570K and a GTX 970) with both of her 1080p displays plugged in.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

It should not be struggling with the second monitor, other people with lesser graphics cards can handle it. I have a 4690k an 16gb of corsair vengeance at 1600mhz btw

I will post back with gpu-z and cpu utilization tomorrow. It's late in my time zone and I have to get up in the morning.

It probably isn't related. But I had incredible stuttering on GTAV due to 4GBs of RAM. When I popped up in an additional stick of 4GB, it ran smoothly. The sttutering was obviously when you would cross a invisible line by which the game calculated what areas to load. Since you are driving, I thought I would mention it since I have never had a game react so badly to low RAM and in such a manner (FPS counter was still high too and benchmarks didn't tell anything useful).

Having mirror output brings stuttering. experienced that. 

Desktop:

CPU : i5 4440 | Motherboard : Gigabyte B85M-D3H | RAM : Kingstone HyperX blu 4GB x2 | GPU : Asus R9 280X DC II Top [RIP 2017] | PSU : Corsair VS 550W | Display(s) : Dell S2240L | Mouse : Logitech G400s | Operating System : Windows 7 64bit

Laptop:

Acer Predator Helios 300 (CPU: Intel Core i5 7300HQ | GPU: GTX 1050ti | RAM: 16GB RAM | Operating System: Windows 10 64bit)