Help With Sponsorship Letter

MDPS

I'm going to be doing a computer science class and have just found I don't have the budget I need to set it all up. I somewhat personally know the head of a local IT company and I want to ask for a sponsorship to help out with the class. I've got the class schedule and what I need all planned out, I just wanted to know if there is any specific format I need to ask them for a sponsorship properly. Anyone with previous sponsorship experience have any tips when writing your first letter? I'll be writing it in email form.

Thanks.

Christian 

Use the following style specs in your sig to spread the LTT revolution!

Rig Specs:

Screeninator: Gigabyte GeForce GTX960

Powermathingy: Corsair CX600W

Stickiminator: 2x G.Skill ARES 4GB DDR3-1866

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8350 @4.1GHz 1.3V

Holdametalicizor: DIYPC Gamemax-BK

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

Attachamathingy: ASRock 990FX Extreme9

Remembrerthing: Western Digital 1TB Blue, Western Digital 40GB Blue

Flat-Colorful-Thing: Acer K272HL

See-A-Move-O: Logitech Hyperion Fury G402

ButtonBoard: Cooler Master CMSTORM Devastator Blue

Talkamagargle: Blue Snowball Ice

When I asked CableMod to sponsor my custom case build, I just mentioned that I was an active user on one of the most popular tech forums on the internet ;)

And of course, I said I would give credit where credit was due

I'm going to be doing a computer science class and have just found I don't have the budget I need to set it all up. I somewhat personally know the head of a local IT company and I want to ask for a sponsorship to help out with the class. I've got the class schedule and what I need all planned out, I just wanted to know if there is any specific format I need to ask them for a sponsorship properly. Anyone with previous sponsorship experience have any tips when writing your first letter? I'll be writing it in email form.

Thanks.

I would write it in something professional, such as Full Block Letter format, or maybe Half Block Letter format.

Example:

http://portalsso.vansd.org/portal/page/portal/Staff_Portal/Staff_Pages/COLR_STAFF_PAGE/COLUMBIARIVER_BWILLIAMS_TEMPLATE/COLR_Williams_SUBPAGE6/Letter%20Formats.pdf

Be professional and polite - don't beg - but don't be afraid to include personal details and why you need it.

Also, most importantly, don't ask for much. As for the bare minimum you need to get the class done - not a high-end gaming system. IF they decide to kit you out with higher-end stuff, then great! Otherwise, you don't want to seem too "greedy".

It might help to create a second document that details the specific build, w/ retail pricing (from Newegg or something), and justification for each component choice.

Also, what do they get out of it? Why should he sponsor you - aside from personal friendship. Give them an incentive - offer to have free advertisement on the side of your case or something - if they agree, have them print out a big ad w/ their company logo or something that they can stick to the side of your case.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)