[Not an Ad] Needs opinion about a recently started podcast.

TheRisingMyth

Before someone slaughter me or delete this topic... I'm not looking for subs, or likes. I'd like to know if there's ways we can improve on our current format and... alternately if you think it's "passable" as a beginner's first footsteps.

Feel free to post feedback on the forum, or on YT. I'll stay for a bit and maybe even come back tomorrow to answer any potential concerns. (kinda busy writing a paper now)

Late edit : I'm French, my buddy is Brazilian, so be easy on our English. :P

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

get a better mic

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

get a better mic

That's def on my priority list.

better mic, then dont have such long pauses when you start saying something, then you stop and say aammmmmm, and then continue. all kinds of mumbling should be left out, and "wassup its ... aaaammmm, happy ragdoll" makes me think you dont even know whats your name lol

Thinking of using a facecam? Even though it's a podcast, I think it would be cool if you did

As of right now, I'm thinking it'd be as sort of a "long-term perk". Maybe as we get more comfortable, we'll reveal our faces. (which I have no problem doing personally)

I would cut out any long pauses. Try doing mock podcasts to get more comfortable. Keep the umms and other variables of that to a small minimum. Besides that sounds good to me.

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

better mic, then dont have such long pauses when you start saying something, then you stop and say aammmmmm, and then continue. all kinds of mumbling should be left out, and "wassup its ... aaaammmm, happy ragdoll" makes me think you dont even know whats your name lol

I totally get where you're at, but conceptually, not stuttering throughout a podcast is virtually impossible. We don't have a script, it's all off the cuff.

Coming up with a continuous string of thoughts for an hour long isn't as easy as it sounds.

About my name ? More like my nickname, I'm not that comfy calling myself "TheRisingMyth" in any capacity, especially in spoken form. I'll have to be used to it.

I totally get where you're at, but conceptually, not stuttering throughout a podcast is virtually impossible. We don't have a script, it's all off the cuff.

Coming up with a continuous string of thoughts for an hour long isn't as easy as it sounds.

About my name ? More like my nickname, I'm not that comfy calling myself "TheRisingMyth" in any capacity, especially in spoken form.

Watch totalbiscuit its possible :P

ANYWAY its not bad if its a few times or a short umm maybe twice. But when its like and ummmmmm this and ummmmm it gets tiresome. Perhaps have a outline of what your going to talk about ( even points) so there wont be confusion or downtime.

also note that being quite IMO is better then saying um. If you have to gather your thoughts just be quite for like 5 seconds instead of saying um :)

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

Watch totalbiscuit its possible :P

ANYWAY its not bad if its a few times or a short umm maybe twice. But when its like and ummmmmm this and ummmmm it gets tiresome. Perhaps have a outline of what your going to talk about ( even points) so there wont be confusion or downtime.

also note that being quite IMO is better then saying um. If you have to gather your thoughts just be quite for like 5 seconds instead of saying um :)

TotalBiscuit is something else. I respect that man to the utmost extent !

Feedback taken into account, less ums, more silence. LOL.

But still, a podcast recorded in one take will take more brain juice than normal... I'll totally try to improve my spoken English, but I don't think it's that bad of a handicap.

TotalBiscuit is something else. I respect that man to the utmost extent !

Feedback taken into account, less ums, more silence. LOL.

But still, a podcast recorded in one take will take more brain juice than normal... I'll totally try to improve my spoken English, but I don't think it's that bad of a handicap.

yes he is :)

Its not that big of a deal. Just more of a general suggestion :) wont make or break anything

I understand. I've done a few ;P

yes he is :)

Its not that big of a deal. Just more of a general suggestion :) wont make or break anything

I understand. I've done a few ;P

Once again, thanks for even giving a flying shit about it. And to the others too ! The LTT community is always top-notch.

Once again, thanks for even giving a flying shit about it. And to the others too ! The LTT community is always top-notch.

We try :D

About my name ? More like my nickname, I'm not that comfy calling myself "TheRisingMyth" in any capacity, especially in spoken form. I'll have to be used to it.

i know it isnt easy to talk for an hour without stuttering, but iv seen some guys who manage to do very little of it, and with style. like rwj podcasts if you have seen them.

In addition to this work from a script for your intro/what you're going to be talking about and outro. When discussing a topic that doesn't need a script per se as you should get into a flow of what you're discussing. If you have a few things you wish to discuss within a podcast it's worth making notes/bullet points on your script so you can still keep it flowing and snappy.

Listen to other podcasts and even the radio, listen to when people are talking make a note of silence or when they say uummm, errr, ahhh etc... there's barely any due to the fact it's a big no no.

and we will live such tragedy in perpetuity.

I don't know if you are using Skype or some other VOIP software. But think about moving into something with less latency possible. That will make things better as there won't be bigger pauses when other presenter is listening what you say and then forming answer. TS3 and Mumble have both excellent latency compared to Skype.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv