Is the 4460 decent at rendering and streaming.

So I am going to get the Intel core i5 4460. I will do gaming as well as some 720p video edititing and streaming. I know that the Xeon E3 1231 V3 is a much better choice but I have $190 and need to get a new CPU.

I just want to know if it has some decent render speeds and can stream alright.

The additional threads of the 1231 V3 will help greatly in streaming and rendering - to the point where it will perform significantly better than the 4460.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It's alright, although you might wanna save up just a bit more and get the 4690k, since you can sqeeze quite a bit more performance out of it overclocked, and its not that much more expensive. 

EDIT: I'm not too familiar with the price of E3 family of processors, so you might also want to look into those. 

Me: Computer Engineer. Geek. Nerd.

[Educational] Computer Architecture: Computer Memory Hierarchy

[Educational] Computer Architecture:  What is SSE/AVX? (SIMD)

Yep, should be fine. Very good for that price point

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

The additional threads of the 1231 V3 will help greatly in streaming and rendering - to the point where it will perform significantly better than the 4460.

Yeah I understand that but like I only have $190 and need a better CPU. Like I physically can't get another $60 for that Ahha

It's alright, although you might wanna save up just a bit more and get the 4690k, since you can sqeeze quite a bit more performance out of it overclocked, and its not that much more expensive. 

But it's worse for streaming than a similarly priced Xeon E3-1231 V3.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

yes it works fine for that

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yeah I understand that but like I only have $190 and need a better CPU. Like I physically can't get another $60 for that Ahha

Get what you can afford now or wait till you have an extra $60. The 4460 will get the job done just not as well as the Xeon E3-1231 V3. Your money, your choice :)

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

Depends on what you use to stream. OBS? Use Intel Quick Sync. Life saver.

I was planning obs but Quick Sync sounds good hahah

Get what you can afford now or wait till you have an extra $60. The 4460 will get the job done just not as well as the Xeon E3-1231 V3. Your money, your choice :)

Yea man. It would be like a month till I could get more money so I'm just gonna pick up the 4460 and go to like a 4790k in the future