Predictions for iPad Air 3 and other Apple products this year?

asim1999

I think Apple will pull an iPhone 4S on us and just upgrade CPU and maybe camera.

My predictions:

1) Same resolution as current iPad or iPad Pro. It would be stupid to fragment their products even more. At the very least, they will keep the same, or at the very best, give it the resolution of the Pro and market it as the Retina HD display or something with 375PPI.

2) Use the regular old A9 chip. It would be stupid to use the A9X with its beefed up graphics as it would destroy the iPad Pro in performance due to the lower resolution. They will probably overclock it.

Plus, anyone see a trend here? A4,A5,A5X/A6X,A7,A8X,A9?.

Seems to me that they will use a non-X chip this year.

3) Potentially better camera, it seems like a good idea to upgrade the camera, as now with the A9 chip, you can edit 4K natively.

4) Thinner and lighter (probably more bendable). Rumoers have circulated that apple will make this around 5mm-6mm thin. Seems plausible as they are doing that with the iPod Touch and the iPad is just bigger.

Your thoughts on my predictions and majke up some of your own

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

iPhone 7 non plus will get a 1080p display

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

iPhone 7 non plus will get a 1080p display

Knowing Apple, probably not 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

And this year, our iPad will have 22% more gen!

When in doubt, re-format.

What's there to really predict? Apple releases are as stale and predictable as sliced bread.  It's the same thing every year, the past...5 years?

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

usb c? 

hahahahahhh just kidding

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

And this year, our iPad will have 22% more gen!

That's gentastic!

I buy 37 and 3084 chargers for them.

What's there to really predict? Apple releases are as stale and predictable as sliced bread.  It's the same thing every year, the past...5 years?

True, the only true industry changers are the iPhone, original iPad, first iPod and 1990s iMac that they introduced 

iPads are very nice for everyday use and are very reasonably priced.

Android tablets are a joke, look at the Pixel C, literally the only problem with that tablet is the fact that it runs Android which is unoptimized for tablets

i agree, android for tablets really took a nose dive.

honeycomb made sense, after that they completely forgot tablets.

the fact that the only hardware manufacturer that actually makes android tablets with non phone SOC is Nvidia is also sad.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/Tr10zt02CSMOQ/giphy.gif

iPads are very nice for everyday use and are very reasonably priced.

Android tablets are a joke, look at the Pixel C, literally the only problem with that tablet is the fact that it runs Android which is unoptimized for tablets

True, you can count a few industry changes that Apple started:

Capacitive touchscreen tablets with iPad

Touchscreen smartphones with iPhones

And the HD display wars due to the Retina Display on the iPhone 4. 

Huge camera bumps.

Huge battery cases.

Still bad battery life.

The iPad Air 2 has had the most impressive battery life I've ever seen from a tablet or laptop.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Touchscreen smartphones with iPhones

And the HD display wars due to the Retina Display on the iPhone 4. 

lol no, they just got recognition because it's appel

Spoiler

lol no, they just got recognition because it's appel

True, but before that the only 'retina' displays were crappy resistive ones on WIndows Phone in 2008-9

Knowing apple and being an iPhone user for about 5 years, I would say they'll make it like half a millimeter thinner and slap an A9 chip in it. Probably market it like its a self flying plane or something, and people will go crazy and buy it 

Don't forget the $699 starting price -_-

Current Build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.6, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 8gb (2x4gb), GTX 980ti, NZXT Kraken X61, Fractal Define R5  EVGA Supernova B2 850w, Some 300gb hard drive.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W7CNrH

The iPad Air 2 has had the most impressive battery life I've ever seen from a tablet or laptop.

Well, actually I wanted to write "Still low capacity batterys", cause that would've made more sense, especially for their phones.

Huge camera bumps.

Huge battery cases.

Still bad battery life. Still low capacity batterys.

The battery life is still one of the reasons I wouldn't get an iPhone, plus I like the freedom of being able to install a custom ROM onto my phone like I have now.

I have to say that when I last used an iPhone I found that it was rather quick at opening apps and being able to basic phone functions such as sending a that one a text message or placing a phone call.

IT Student | Gamer | PC Enthusiast | Life Liver

They could get away with reducing battery capacity this year because A9 is so efficient. However, imo, an iPad with the A9 won't really be much of an upgrade for existing air 2 owners because multithreaded performance will be similar.

They could get away with reducing battery capacity this year because A9 is so efficient. However, imo, an iPad with the A9 won't really be much of an upgrade for existing air 2 owners because multithreaded performance will be similar.

Overclock the A9. Simple. They did that with the Mini 4