Operating System Question

COCOBYTES

How much space does a typical OS like windows 7/8 takes up?? I'm planning to buy an SSD only for the OS, and I don't want to waste the extra space if I bought higher capacity one, I'll be using a hard drive for storage ^_^

about 22GB or so. and you would want a 120GB SSD. pretty much what you need. programs will load up faster too.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

"Windows 7 64-bit can "grow" between 15-20GB"

Source: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/260519-32-space-windows

Thougt i would just Google it for you ;) 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

20, 10-15 if stripped down completely ^_^

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Windows 8 need a minimum of 16GB for the 32bit version and 20GB for the 64bit version. I recommend you to buy a SSD with a minimum of 120GB, becuase of all the small extra programs you will probably need

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

To reduce windows 7 size a little more you can do the whole disabling hibernate thing. It saves a good few gb's.

hello