Ax1200i vs seasonic Platinum 1200w

Philz69
Go to solution Solved by ThatOneRussian,

they are both great psu's dont bother with it....

Hey guys!

So i just recently bought a brand new AX1200i after having liquid in the last one i had ( dont ask how, i still cri everitim ). Both the AX1200i and the seasonic platinum were the same price at time of purchase. Im starting to think maybe i should've bought the seasonic one, and i can still return the AX1200i ( in fact, it hasnt even arrived yet )

What do you guys think? Is the seasonic one even better? Should i keep the AX1200i? Remember, price was NOT a factor at time of purchase, they were virtually the same price.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.8ghz  Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.SNIPER 5 Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Storage: Kingston V300 Series 240GB Storage: Western Digital Red Pro 3TB Video Card: 2x(SLI) Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II @ 1410mhz / 1600mhz Case: Corsair 760T White Power Supply:  AX1200i  Buildlog: [ Build Log ] Black and Green build

I have the AX1200i, so I'm bias... But The Corsair Ax1200i is an amazing unit and is regarded as one of the best. I'd imagine the Seasonic is just as good, so it's just down to your personal preference. 

Given that you've ordered another already, I'd say stay with the Corsair. 

Toss a coin. Honestly I don't think it matters since they are likely either exactly the same PSU or else very similar in terms of design, correct me if I'm wrong. The 1200i just has Corsair Link attached to it. I don't think it's a necessary perk, but... that's just me.

I personally trust Seasonic more to be open and honest about what they put in the power supply. Corsair strikes me as being a bit more secretive about the contents of their power boxes, lest someone point something out about them that are questionable.

I'm looking at YOU, RM series!

Toss a coin. Honestly I don't think it matters since they are likely either exactly the same PSU or else very similar in terms of design, correct me if I'm wrong. The 1200i just has Corsair Link attached to it. I don't think it's a necessary perk, but... that's just me.

I personally trust Seasonic more to be open and honest about what they put in the power supply. Corsair strikes me as being a bit more secretive about the contents of their power boxes, lest someone point something out about them that are questionable.

I'm looking at YOU, RM series!

The AX1200i is from Flextronics and not Seasonic. The Platinum is better but they're both excellent psus anyway. If a return or exchange is free, go ahead and do so.

Corsair is far from secretive about their psus. People just do little to no research on them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The AX1200i is from Flextronics and not Seasonic. The Platinum is better but they're both excellent psus anyway. If a return or exchange is free, go ahead and do so.

Corsair is far from secretive about their psus. People just do little to no research on them.

What makes the Platinum better in a way its worth returning the Ax1200i? 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.8ghz  Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.SNIPER 5 Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Storage: Kingston V300 Series 240GB Storage: Western Digital Red Pro 3TB Video Card: 2x(SLI) Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II @ 1410mhz / 1600mhz Case: Corsair 760T White Power Supply:  AX1200i  Buildlog: [ Build Log ] Black and Green build

The Antec High Current Pro Platinum 1300W would be the only thing I would change it for  B)  The AXi is an excellent unit though. 

I didn't say it was necessarily worth returning. They're both similarly excellent psus.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I didn't say it was necessarily worth returning. They're both similarly excellent psus.

"If a return or exchange is free, go ahead and do so." If you dont think its worth, please dont give me the advice to reutrn it :P I guess i'll keep the ax1200i, everyone seems pretty much to agree wtih that :D Thank you all :D

Spoiler