Kurald Galain goes Hardline, What coolant?

Hey there... Kurald Galain is going full custom water cooling soon (well as soon as this shit is ordered and comes in). 

I already know basically what my plans are for all the pieces:

Primochill PETG 1/2in

Primochill revolver 3/8 x 1/2 fittings x10

EK-Supremacy Evo x99

EK Nickel+Acetal TF5 blocks

EK-FC dual parallel 3-slot

EK-XRES 140 D5

Alphacool Nexxxos ST30 420 rad (going up top)

Not decided on the 280 rad I want in front... (feel free to recommend one, but please don't recommend a non-280 size as I want to move around my current fans).

But I'm not sure what coolant I want to be using... I have heard mixed things about the Ek-ekcoolant, and the feedback Jay has had makes me much less interested in Mayhem's lineup (although I probably wouldn't have touched pastels anyways).

So what is a coolant you guys would recommend (besides DI water for the love of god)?

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

*looks at jayztwocents *

Get some mayhem nano fluid up man

nah ek koolant Evo is good

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

*looks at jayztwocents *

Get some mayhem nano fluid up man

nah ek koolant Evo is good

yea... Mayhem needs to figure out their dyes first, and I'm not sure I want to copy arctic panther here...

@W-L

Also got a 280 rad recommendation?

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

yea... Mayhem needs to figure out their dyes first, and I'm not sure I want to copy arctic panther here...

@W-L

That setup looks good, fluid wise if your asking me, Mayhems is a bit of a toss up right now since some are experiencing issues with their pastel fluids, however not all them are affected as much. There was a thread on this here that we were discussing about it if your interested:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/512877-mayhems-pastel-coolant/

Personally I'm using pastel white without any real problems, while my loop has been up for about 5-6 months now there are small particles from the fluid that cling to the to top edge of my res, but not major settling or precipitation.

That setup looks good, fluid wise if your asking me, Mayhems is a bit of a toss up right now since some are experiencing issues with their pastel fluids, however not all them are affected as much. There was a thread on this here that we were discussing about it if your interested:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/512877-mayhems-pastel-coolant/

Personally I'm using pastel white without any real problems, while my loop has been up for about 5-6 months now there are small particles from the fluid that cling to the to top edge of my res, but not major settling or precipitation.

@ThatOneRussian Sorry to bother you two, but obviously you will understand the value of an additional pair of eyes here...

Anything you guys see that doesn't make sense? Two rad, cpu+2xgpu loop.

EDIT: Forgot image....

post-225630-0-68961000-1451948195_thumb.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

@ThatOneRussian Sorry to bother you two, but obviously you will understand the value of an additional pair of eyes here...

Anything you guys see that doesn't make sense? Two rad, cpu+2xgpu loop.

EDIT: Forgot image....

attachicon.gif0000-cart.jpg

Overall everything looks good, one thing with hardline is adding a drain system or dedicating an extra rad port as a drain with a valve is another good option. You have more than enough radspace for the CPU and dual GPU.