What Microsoft Should do.

Beeeyeee

Microsoft owns the Xbox. Microsoft owns Windows. Yes, they've made the Xbox app so you can do fancy things and join parties from your PC. But what they should do is make an official software console, an emulator that you can buy for the price of an Xbox. that way you can simply play the games you want to play (HALO) at the settings you want to play at! (1080p60fps or 144 htz or 4K even).

PlayStation is making PlayStation VR, they are planning on selling the headset coupled with an extra processing box, about the size of a Wii, to help the PlayStation render that kind of stuff. Microsoft should do one of three things. either make an extra processing box, whether or not its for VR, so that it can play games at whatever resolution and frame rate. otherwise sell an upgraded console with extra processing power inside, it all plays the same games the same way, just with the advantages of PC gaming. without the disadvantages of PC Compatibility and such. the third option is they should allow "cloud processing" from your own computer on your home network. super easy way to boost performance.

what do you think?

Microsoft owns the Xbox. Microsoft owns Windows. Yes, they've made the Xbox app so you can do fancy things and join parties from your PC. But what they should do is make an official software console, an emulator that you can buy for the price of an Xbox. that way you can simply play the games you want to play (HALO) at the settings you want to play at! (1080p60fps or 144 htz or 4K even).

PlayStation is making PlayStation VR, they are planning on selling the headset coupled with an extra processing box, about the size of a Wii, to help the PlayStation render that kind of stuff. Microsoft should do one of three things. either make an extra processing box, whether or not its for VR, so that it can play games at whatever resolution and frame rate. otherwise sell an upgraded console with extra processing power inside, it all plays the same games the same way, just with the advantages of PC gaming. without the disadvantages of PC Compatibility and such. the third option is they should allow "cloud processing" from your own computer on your home network. super easy way to boost performance.

what do you think?

Not a bad Idea. Even though I have an Xbox one i mostly play on PC so it would be nice to be able to play my Xbox games

Hello

-100$ from xbox price because I already bought windows

this

and maybe a bit less because we are not paying for the hardware that is in the xbox...

they nearly lose money selling the xbox as it is. I seriously don't think that they should decrease the price since its a premium anyways. and since you have to pay for your computer you should be fine with $350

Microsoft should keep doing whatever it is doing.  They seem to be in better financial shape than Sony.  Peripheral attachments for consoles has always been a risky business with very high chance of failure.  The added cost of this VR thing for the PS4 won't likely find too many homes.  If 100 dollars helped decide the console war between the PS4 and X1, then I doubt a 200 dollar face TV will do much for Sony.  

If I recall, Microsoft promised cloud powered gaming in the past before release, but I imagine that most of that plan was torpedo'd with the death of the always online model that everyone bashed Microsoft for trying to implement.  As for a console that can play games at your desired settings?  Get a PC.

As for a console that can play games at your desired settings?  Get a PC.

I agree but not all games are on PC that are on xbox

Hello

Microsoft should keep doing whatever it is doing.  They seem to be in better financial shape than Sony.  Peripheral attachments for consoles has always been a risky business with very high chance of failure.  The added cost of this VR thing for the PS4 won't likely find too many homes.  If 100 dollars helped decide the console war between the PS4 and X1, then I doubt a 200 dollar face TV will do much for Sony.  

If I recall, Microsoft promised cloud powered gaming in the past before release, but I imagine that most of that plan was torpedo'd with the death of the always online model that everyone bashed Microsoft for trying to implement.  As for a console that can play games at your desired settings?  Get a PC.

but Haloo.....

$300+ for a program so I can play two exclusive IPs that actually matter? How about no,

Microsoft makes little money from the Xbox sales alone, their revenue is generated by bs overpriced accessories (20 dollar stereo-adapter and that kind of nonsense or that 150 dollar elite controller that's barely better quality than the normal one and doesn't come with a rechargable battery either) and Xbox Live Gold. To be completely honest, I wouldn't mind paying for their service if they brought Forza, Halo or Crackdown (I bet this one will come eventually). GFWL was just garbage as it never was really convenient to use or worked properly, but I don't mind the cost if they actually deliver.

And lets be completely honest here: Microsoft has to do something in order to stay relevant. Sony is outselling their console left and right (rightfully so), their once so glorious exclusive cashcow Halo is getting destroyed by an incompetent developer, they lost Call of Duty's timed exclusive DLC and Rise of the Tomb Raider didn't sell particularly well.

Windows 10 is installed on so many computers already, they should use it to approach all the customers they lost in the last 10 years due to bad plattform support.

144Hz goodness

PlayStation is making PlayStation VR, they are planning on selling the headset coupled with an extra processing box, about the size of a Wii, to help the PlayStation render that kind of stuff.

Keep in mind it isn't helping it render stuff all the rendering is done locally the box is doing the final image warp from the HMD motion sensors, duplicating 60hz to 120hz as well as reprojecting the image back to 16:9 and splitting it to 2 HDMI ports for the HMD and the TV. It's connected to the console by HDMI, not USB, and its power supply is rated at 36 watts, so i wouldn't imagine it's doing any assisting rendering.

and its less than half the size of the Wii, just for facts sake

we can confirm that the box measures up at 140x140x35mm. By comparison, the Wii measures 215x157x44mm, almost 2.2x the overall volume.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

$300+ for a program so I can play two exclusive IPs that actually matter? How about no,

Microsoft makes little money from the Xbox sales alone, their revenue is generated by bs overpriced accessories (20 dollar stereo-adapter and that kind of nonsense or that 150 dollar elite controller that's barely better quality than the normal one and doesn't come with a rechargable battery either) and Xbox Live Gold. To be completely honest, I wouldn't mind paying for their service if they brought Forza, Halo or Crackdown (I bet this one will come eventually). GFWL was just garbage as it never was really convenient to use or worked properly, but I don't mind the cost if they actually deliver.

And lets be completely honest here: Microsoft has to do something in order to stay relevant. Sony is outselling their console left and right (rightfully so), their once so glorious exclusive cashcow Halo is getting destroyed by an incompetent developer, they lost Call of Duty's timed exclusive DLC and Rise of the Tomb Raider didn't sell particularly well.

Windows 10 is installed on so many computers already, they should use it to approach all the customers they lost in the last 10 years due to bad plattform support.

the point is the ease of use of a console vs a PC. you can buy a game for the xbox, start it up, and start playing at the optimal settings without changing a single thing. its easy, simple, no weird settings or anything. you only have to have one machine hooked up and running. theres literally no reason not to buy this if you want to play with your friends, but you just want a better experience than the normal xbox.

it would be great if the xbox app wasnt such a pile. The way more than noticable performance hit with the dvr. The only game i got to work with the sharing and recording was candy crush. So the xbox app is dead to me.

The price bothers me. I already have a decent, but oldish desktop, and a fairly baller laptop that can chooch most games without issue. I have a hard time justifying the $400-$450ish price tag. Which doesn't include games, doesn't include membership. My buhds also arrived at similar conclusions. There really isn't a justifiable reason to get a console atm, they both (ps4 and one) are terrible options.

I've played the xbox one, Forza 6, starwars, and that new call of duty. Forza 6 is a f'n pile and I regret mentioning it. The one fails to satisfy what the 360 did so freakin well. Which was that it created excitement and encouraged groups of buhds to play and chat together. The ps3 on the other hand had better graphics, and had zero concentration on community, and subsequently failed. The proof is in the ps4 where they ditched the ps3 model and copy and pasted the 360's model.

When the 360 was coming out, they had ads of the designers saying we wanted the box to look like it was going to explode

because it has so much power. Xbox One, its a black box that looks like a f'n VCR with its chincy glossy plastic.

One of the first things you see when you turn on the 360 was information about how many people are online and an image displaying whos online on the dashboard with "press x to join party". It took my buhd and I 10 minutes to find out how to create a party. Its buried under similar looking menus. What ever happened to contrast...

This whole bs about consoles being easier to get going is total crap. Consoles need to install the game first, and it takes a ridiculous amount of time, and updates do not occur automatically. PC, steam is brilliant, automatically updates your games, allows for multiple installation disks, and steam sales are also awesome. Game settings can't get much more simpler than low, medium, high, very high. Most games now adays do an excellent job at getting the screens rez and appropriate settings for the machine for a decent experience.

Java tuts:

Constructors, possibly more to come.

221 Goodbye.