4 Pin Fan Connector Splitter With Missing Pin

Appleboy45

I have this Corsair H75 Water Cooler. It came with a y connector for the 4 pin fans so I can connect both fans to the CPU Fan Header. I was inspecting my system, and one of the fan connectors (Not the CPU header the 2 headers that the fans connect to) has a missing pin in the middle. I look on the other header, and it has 4 pins. Is this normal, or do I need a new splitter? If it matters which I doubt, the motherboard is a Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 and it does support PWM for CPU fans and chassis fans. I have a picture of both of the fan connectors. One with 4 pins, one with a missing pin.

post-287832-0-89101200-1451925875_thumb.

post-287832-0-16915300-1451925879_thumb.

Is it possible you can take a picture and put it here?

CPU Intel Core I7 4790K Motherboard Asus Z97-AR RAM 16GB(2x8GB) DDR3 GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 SLI Storage Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB PSU EVGA Supernova 850 G2

That is the speed sense pin. It is removed from one side of the cable because you can only read one speed per fan port. If you overlapped both speed signals, you would get a faulty reading, or possibly no reading at all.

Plug the device you want RPM reporting on into the fully populated connector, and the other into the 3/4 pin one.

very normal thing, its 100% normal 

CPU Intel Core I7 4790K Motherboard Asus Z97-AR RAM 16GB(2x8GB) DDR3 GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 SLI Storage Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB PSU EVGA Supernova 850 G2

Its rpm sensor thats taken out. Like said, you only get one speed per header anyway and with splitter, only one fan is being used as base. Pins go PWR-GND-RPM-PWM for reference. You can verify that with mobo manual.

the pwm pin is taken out since it is not needed

You mean rpm.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Its rpm sensor thats taken out. Like said, you only get one speed per header anyway and with splitter, only one fan is being used as base. Pins go PWR-GND-RPM-PWM for reference. You can verify that with mobo manual.

You mean rpm.

sorry......... yeah wrong one