EVGA GTX 660 FTW Signature 2 3GB or Gigabyte GV-N670OC-2GD?

Hey everyone!

I'm a casual gamer(DoTA 2, XCOM, Total War, the occasional FPS) who also makes use of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, and I'm currently using the abhorrently bad Nvidia GT... wait for it.. 330. I know, I know. I'm currently looking for a card that's able to run the average game at medium/high without too much fuss, and thus I've stumbled upon these two cards. Could anyone explain to me (in simple terms) which one is superior and if that's the case, why?

About the pricing: the EVGA card is being sold second-hand for 100 euro's, and the Gigabyte card is being sold for 115 euro's.

Obligatory specifications of my "rig" in case that's needed:

-Intel i7-870

-Nvidia GT 330 

-1 TB HDD storage + 250 GB SSD storage

-16 GB DDR3 RAM

-Windows 7 Home Premium (Please don't lynch me for not having upgraded to Windows 10 yet, I'll do it next week, promise!)

-Some illegibly branded motherboard (I'll do some more research into it if that's needed)  

So, any help is greatly appreciated, no matter how small or insignificant it might seem.  :)

-Yuri

Neither

they are both 2 generations old and both you are paying too much for

and both have no warranty

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Neither

they are both 2 generations old and both you are paying too much for

and both have no warranty

If they are cheaper than the 750 Ti, go for it.  Both of these chips are faster than the 750 Ti by a fair margin and you wouldn't be looking at used GPUs if he felt a great need for a warranty.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

I don't know which to pick but I have a GTX 670 in my second rig and it is still going very strong and provides a great gaming experience.

the 670 over the 660 as the bit interface is a lot better on the 670 (256) than

the 660 (192), plus the more CUDA cores and faster processor.

edit: information 128 to 192

If they are cheaper than the 750 Ti, go for it.  Both of these chips are faster than the 750 Ti by a fair margin and you wouldn't be looking at used GPUs if he felt a great need for a warranty.

They're both faster, but which of the two cards would be the fastest when looking at performance per dollar?

Why not just get a gtx 750 ti? It costs less these days and evga has some real good warranty on them still.

Nope cant RMA my 670 or 690

I hae bought used stuff and gotten warranty multiple times

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

the 670 over the 660 as the bit interface is a lot better on the 670 (256) than

the 660 (128), plus the more CUDA cores and faster processor.

I'm adding a correction:

The GTX 660 has a 192-bit bus.

I've done this too, used doesn't mean no warranty  (MSI seems to have a good RMA department, even if the product was disappointing.)

They're both faster, but which of the two cards would be the fastest when looking at performance per dollar?

I would say the 670 looking at the Euro prices, however I would personally choose the 660 GTW because it's EVGA and has 3GB of VRAM.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

I'm adding a correction:

The GTX 660 has a 192-bit bus.

I've done this too, used doesn't mean no warranty  (MSI seems to have a good RMA department, even if the product was disappointing.)

I would say the 670 looking at the Euro prices, however I would personally choose the 660 GTW because it's EVGA and has 3GB of VRAM.

over 3 years old does however mean no warranty..

Nope cant RMA my 670 or 690

Well the 600 series is getting old now :\