Mini ITX vs Micro ATX vs Laptop

iihoward

Here is my situation,

I am at university and this means I'm jumping between my home with my parents, my accommodation at university and my girlfriends house. My current full sized build is proving difficult to transport without a car and since the vast majority of my travel is on the train I'm looking for a more portable solution.

My budget is a maximum of £400 but if it can be cheaper that'd be really helpful too.

I currently have 2 sets of all peripherals so they don't need to be included in the price as I always have one set either at university or at home.

My uses really are university work, browser gaming such as Runescape, lots of indulging in media like Netflix and Twitch and finally Football Manager and the occassional FPS game on the side.

What do you guys recommend for my situation and I appreciate this is a long post so thank you for anyone kind enough to read it and respond.

ITX rig that can play games or laptop that's more portable, but can't play games well.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

I would in your situation go for laptop,

a laptop is a lot more portable than micro atx and easier to power than both mini itx and micro atx 

If you manage to greaten your budget a bit you should be able to buy a laptop that is capable of most fps's

Definitely go for laptop... You will hate all recabling and getting all that bulk around...

Thanks for the advice everyone, twit any advice on what laptop in that price bracket represents good value?

Edit: pricing and availability in the UK would be very helpful