CPU broken? G3258 stuttering all the time

Go to solution Solved by LokiFire,

Have that one running every two weeks or so - I really don't think it's a Windows issue since it started specifically after the MoBo reset itself and the ocs

Perhaps you killed the overhead the CPU had and pushed it too far causing degradation?

Every CPU is different, though as a general rule of thumb, CPU's are incredibly tough and can handle a lot of abuse before showing signs of dying, this may just be an outlier.

Have that one running every two weeks or so - I really don't think it's a Windows issue since it started specifically after the MoBo reset itself and the ocs

Perhaps you killed the overhead the CPU had and pushed it too far causing degradation?

Every CPU is different, though as a general rule of thumb, CPU's are incredibly tough and can handle a lot of abuse before showing signs of dying, this may just be an outlier.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Thermals are at 45°C max so ... yeah, no not really

well lets cut to the chase: your dual core cpu isnt that powerful nor recommended for gaming anymore. you getting worse performance now compared to fresh install is normal, you have more sh*t running in the background, everyone has those. thats why fresh install feels so good every once in a while. reinstall windows, and try again if the performance gets back to the same level(i dont recommend that, but go ahead if you want to). get an i5 if you want better gaming.

just run msconfig and ccleaner and go through the startup items and background services from time to time ... keeping windows as fresh as (or better than) new is incredibly easy, just takes a little knowledge and a little time

i know msconfig and i use it. however i dont use ccleaner because i dont believe in those programs, but thats just me.

Well so just my luck then huh? Okay so I'll just replace it - thanks to all of you for the extremely quick response!

As you're taking about a couple of seconds of full system hitching even when not under load it really doesn't sound like it's a windows issue. Have you tried manually resetting the bios/efi to factory settings?

I'm on a horse...

Gaming Rig | Storage Server | Virtual Server | HTPC

As you're taking about a couple of seconds of full system hitching even when not under load it really doesn't sound like it's a windows issue. Have you tried manually resetting the bios/efi to factory settings?

A few times yes, even after the mobo did it by itself

maybe the hitching is a "sign of dying"

it kinda ligns up with what i've heard a friend tell about his god tier FX8350 that ran past 5GHz just fine for about a year, before going downhill FAST.

i defenately have ocd when taking care of my computers. its mostly down to taking very good care of crap thats left behind after removing stuff, defrag every so often, and keeping the system physically clean.

Same here. Running my windows installation like it's fresh. Heck i would say it runs better than a fresh install with all the performance tweaks I've given it. I run a weekly basis of defrag , cleanup tools , startup programs maintenance , checkdisk , sfc scan. Heck i even monitor Event viewer to make sure no errors appear.

Anyway OP i suggest you do a fresh install of windows and if that doesn't fix the issue then i guess you've damaged your chip.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~