Question on Nvidia Cards,help,,,,

Good day guys!!!

I just had a gtx 660 2day, and its my very first Nvidia card,  (Inno3d gtx 660 2gb)

since its the very first time i am going to use a nvidia card im a very curious,

it's base clock is 980mhz with 1029mhz boost clock

i tried to overclock it and the problem/questions are :

1. Gpu-z is not saying that my gpu is not lowering its frequency even on idle...

(my experience on ATI cards is even if you overclock it will idle on lower frequency)

2. since i overclocked the card, i was expecting that it will boost higher but while running Unigine bencmark i am looking at my afterburner stats and evga presicionx and they both shows

that intead of getting higher the freqency lowers down,

(overclocked the gpu clock to 1024mhz and boost clock of 1101mhz)

3. evga presicionX tells me that the gpu clock idle frequency is 1137Mhz but once i start unigine the frequency goes down to 1045Mhz

(are all nvidia cards acts like this?)

4. can any one help me and give some ideas,,,,pppleaase............

post-8869-0-75144800-1377974508.gif

Which driver version you r using...?

and if you r using the latest WHQL driver i.e 320.49

try the 326.80 BETA drivers....

yup I am using the 320.49, i might get that, thanks man.....

I had the driver replaced with a new one and it'now working fine,But

When i am playing battlefield 3 and crysis 3, my framerates are like stuck to 60 fps even if I change the settings of the games, can anybody help me,

and give me some ideas?

but if I were running unigine benchmarks it is saying that I am having higher than 60 fps,

post-8869-0-41174000-1378327400.jpg

I had the driver replaced with a new one and it'now working fine,But

When i am playing battlefield 3 and crysis 3, my framerates are like stuck to 60 fps even if I change the settings of the games, can anybody help me,

and give me some ideas?

but if I were running unigine benchmarks it is saying that I am having higher than 60 fps,

This is probably because of V-sync, which is used to minimize screen tearing when the frame rate is hovering around the refresh rate of your screen. This is either due to the graphic card software or in the game settings. You can find the video card part of it in the nvidia control panel, which can be found in the bottom right corner, on the activity bar. 

As for the initial question, it has to do with the gpu boost. I have only overclocked by using msi afterburner, and in that software the gpu boost part of the oc (on 600 series) adjusted by setting the allowance for how much the power usage is allowed to exceed the default. So I interpret that as if you up the base clock, it will only make the gap between the minimum clock speed (without load) and the maximum (with gpu boost). But if your base clock already make the card use as much as the gpu boost allow it to at max, I think it is stuck at that frequency. 

Take this last paragraph with a grain of salt, as a lot of it is my interpretation of what is happening to a much larger degree then research.