nvidia gpu acceleraition VS useing my Freesync

tourenious

hi guys 

i do alot of gameing and alot work in adobe photoshop, illustrator, premiere pro and after effects

i also have lg 34 inch ultrawide pannel with freesync

i sold my gtx 760 but what should i do

useing better preformance in adobe applicaitions with gpu acceleraition or smoother gameing with free sync

AMD vs Nvidia 

help me guys :D

Depends on how important your work is.
If you really need the best performance for your work, because that is what you do for a living, then I would recommend the NVidia card.
But otherwise simply go for AMD. It usually performs better anyway, apart from the high end and Free-Sync is pretty awesome.

id go for the free sync gaming. then again, i dont use cuda acceleration, and my xeon is beefy enough for photoshop and after effects, so i cant personally speak to its performance increase, i guess it all comes down to what you either use more, or value more.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

If you have a Free-sync monitor grab a R9 390

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

id go for the free sync gaming. then again, i dont use cuda acceleration, and my xeon is beefy enough for photoshop and after effects, so i cant personally speak to its performance increase, i guess it all comes down to what you either use more, or value more.

im with core i5 4690

it is acceptable but is the  amd card is going to make any diference

im with core i5 4690

it is acceptable but is the  amd card is going to make any diference

If the workload is capable of being accelerated through opencl, then yes, massively.

If it requires cuda for acceleration, then not one bit.

Adobe does allow amd cards to accelerate, but the nvidia card will be significantly faster, like, way faster in acceleration.

Once again though, it all comes down to which ever you use more often, or value more. If you need to be able to render quickly, then nvidia might be the safer option, but if you primarily game, then amd and the wondrous free-sync might be the way to go.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

If the workload is capable of being accelerated through opencl, then yes, massively.

If it requires cuda for acceleration, then not one bit.

Adobe does allow amd cards to accelerate, but the nvidia card will be significantly faster, like, way faster in acceleration.

Once again though, it all comes down to which ever you use more often, or value more. If you need to be able to render quickly, then nvidia might be the safer option, but if you primarily game, then amd and the wondrous free-sync might be the way to go.

thx i think that ill go with the amd solution:D

I'm pretty sure Adobe applications support OpenCL so you will still get GPU acceleration in them with an AMD card. 

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C