The Witcher 3 - SweetFX doesn't work.

Senzelian

So I was running The Witcher 3 ver. 1.06 with SweetFX, which worked absolutly fine.
Now that I updated the game to ver. 1.11 SweetFX doesn't work anymore. But I'm not sure if I'm even running 1.11. I downloaded the patch and tried to install it, but at the end of the installation it simply crashed, but still I have a lot of new features in game like a better inventory. So it might have worked? GOG still tells me the game runs on 1.06.

But that isn't the main problem. SweetFX has also stopped working. It doesn't do anything. I reinstalled it and still nothing happens. I almost forgot how bad The Witcher 3 looks without SweetFX.

I'm also happy to install something else than SweetFX as long as it works. So if you have an alternative, feel free to tell me about it. :)

you could check the witcher version at the main menu.

AMDr Ryzen 5 3600 | ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0| 8GB Ram |  MSI GTX 980 Ti 6G | CM MasterBox Q300L | Primary: Samsung Evo 850 250GB

Secondary: WD Blue 1 TB | Cooler Master V850

you could check the witcher version at the main menu.

Oh okay, thanks.

There it says 1.10

try updating it to 1.11 again.

AMDr Ryzen 5 3600 | ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0| 8GB Ram |  MSI GTX 980 Ti 6G | CM MasterBox Q300L | Primary: Samsung Evo 850 250GB

try updating it to 1.11 again.

It says that I don't have the right game version to update it to 1.11.

It does the same when I try to install the 1.10 patch again.

I think I have to reinstall the whole game... <.<

yeah, by the looks of it, your best bet is to reinstall it then :)

You have to download the patch separately on GOG and install them one at a time. First download 1.10 and install. Launch the game to see if it went to 1.10. Next, shut it down and install the latest patch and launch the game to see if it worked. If it didn't, install Gog's client and point it to your Witcher 3 folder and verify the install. It should automatically install the latest patch. If not, make sure that under "More" it is turned to "automatically" for patches/updates.

edit

If you haven't used the client before, here are some visuals:

How to verify:

T6ewliY.png

How to set to "automatic" updates:

co71OIt.png

Other solution:

http://www.gog.com/forum/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/problem_with_manual_download_update_110

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

-snip-

That was exactly what I did.

But because I looked around again I was able to find that I still have the installation files on my PC. So I should be able to simply reinstall the whole thing without downloading it again.

Stupid tabs. :(

Edited by Albatross

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

This and it arrived.

http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Battery-Sony-Playstation-Controller/dp/B003LJPT5S

But I stupidly did not look to see if it had the little clips to stay in the mobo of the controller before I bought it. It doesn't. Anyone have a link to a battery with the clips on it? Got two dead controllers I need to put life back into. lol

Wrong thread  :lol: 

btw.: I now know that the problem is the 1.01+ > 1.10 patch. It simply doesn't work. Everytime I try to install it it crashes and the end.

Wrong thread  :lol: 

btw.: I now know that the problem is the 1.01+ > 1.10 patch. It simply doesn't work. Everytime I try to install it it crashes and the end.

Yea, yea, I know. Stupid Moto g is hard to use. :(

*remove my uber messup  pls :blush:

EDIT

As for the patch failing; can you tell me what kind of crash it is? Does it tell you anything?

Yea, yea, I know. Stupid Moto g is hard to use. :(

*remove my uber messup  pls :blush:

EDIT

As for the patch failing; can you tell me what kind of crash it is? Does it tell you anything?

When installing it just stops at around 95% and then the tasks switches to "inactive". So I can't move or close the window and I have to stop it by killing it in the task manager.

When installing it just stops at around 95% and then the tasks switches to "inactive". So I can't move or close the window and I have to stop it by killing it in the task manager.

Hmm. The files you have could be corrupted. If it doesn't work even after reinstallation, I suggest redownloading the files from GOG (the patch files first because they could be the problem).

Hmm. The files you have could be corrupted. If it doesn't work even after reinstallation, I suggest redownloading the files from GOG (the patch files first because they could be the problem).

I uninstalled GOG now and I download it again and install it on my second drive, because my SSD is about to get full anyways.

Then I will install the first Witcher again and start playing from there, cause I haven't played it yet. And while playing the first one I can download the other Witcher titles.

I have to play through all of them anyways, so why not start at the beginning again. :P

Thanks for your help.