WebGL2 Is On Its Way and it looks amazing

qwertywarrior

http://www.pcper.com/news/General-Tech/WebGL2-Its-Way

snippets from  pcper

The Khronos Group created WebGL to bring a GPU-accelerated platform to web browsers. With a few minor differences, it is basically JavaScript bindings for OpenGL ES 2.0.

The next step is WebGL2. OpenGL ES 3.0 adds a bunch of new features that are sorely needed for modern games and applications.

The news today is that Mozilla Nightly now ships with WebGL2 enabled by default. It was previously hidden, disabled by default, behind an option in the browser. This doesn't seem like a big deal, but one of the largest hurdles to WebGL2 is how the browsers actually implement it.

Unfortunately, OpenGL compute shaders are not supported in WebGL2. That said, the biggest hurdle is, again, to get WebGL2 working at all. From my talks with browser vendors over the last year or so, it sounds like features (including compute shaders) should start flying in easily once this hurdle is cleared. From there, GPGPU in a website should be much more straightforward.

games on browsers wont look like it was made in the 90's anymore :)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Open Source Shall Triumph!

Heh yeah games can look better now. That looks rather good tho.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Nice, but I wonder who really wants to play intensive games on their browser.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'm sitting here wondering why they are focusing on implementing OpenGL ES 3.0 with Vulkan just around the corner and supposedly being the future of open graphics APIs.

Ye ye , start learning bitches, no more 2D flash games on the web make it happen.

Im waiting for vulkan id like to learn that.

imagine this: gaming on a chromebook?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Nice, but I wonder who really wants to play intensive games on their browser.

I bet Dice would love for battlefield to launch in the browser since they like putting the server browser in it to begin with.

I bet Dice would love for battlefield to launch in the browser since they like putting the server browser in it to begin with.

but that's not going to happen with this anyway

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*