Can a 32bit install of windows 7 professional upgrade to 64bit windows 10

Ramontes
Go to solution Solved by TheKDub,

I finally figured out my issue with the failure to load the drivers but now the message saying "To continue installation, use the Load Driver option to install 32-bit and signed 64bit rdrivers. Installing unsigned-64-bit device driver is not supported and Might result in an unusable Windows Installation." im getting this message when trying to install my RAID drivers to get windows to detect my raid 0 configuration and i have tried installing both 64 bit and 32 bit versions of my raid drivers with no success in proceeding to the next step. I may have interpreted this wrong but my understanding is if i install 32 bit windows there would be no issue, however in doing so my windows10 upgrade may end up being 32 bit as well though im not 100% sure.

No, you have to install 64-bit windows 7 then upgrade it to windows 10 if you want 64-bit windows 10. (Or upgrade to 32-bit windows 10, then reinstall with 64-bit windows 10 using the product key)

I finally figured out my issue with the failure to load the drivers but now the message saying "To continue installation, use the Load Driver option to install 32-bit and signed 64bit rdrivers. Installing unsigned-64-bit device driver is not supported and Might result in an unusable Windows Installation." im getting this message when trying to install my RAID drivers to get windows to detect my raid 0 configuration and i have tried installing both 64 bit and 32 bit versions of my raid drivers with no success in proceeding to the next step. I may have interpreted this wrong but my understanding is if i install 32 bit windows there would be no issue, however in doing so my windows10 upgrade may end up being 32 bit as well though im not 100% sure.

No, you have to install 64-bit windows 7 then upgrade it to windows 10 if you want 64-bit windows 10. (Or upgrade to 32-bit windows 10, then reinstall with 64-bit windows 10 using the product key)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

You will need to a fresh install of Windows that's a 64-bit version.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Figured, it was more of a curiosity thing i guess as my only key is for professional 64-bit . thanks for the help  by an chance do you know why im getting that notification when im installing the 64 bit drivers on a 64 bit version?

Figured, it was more of a curiosity thing i guess as my only key is for professional 64-bit . thanks for the help  by an chance do you know why im getting that notification when im installing the 64 bit drivers on a 64 bit version?

unfortunately, no.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

x64, x32, both keys are interchangable.

Yes you can. What you can't do it install W10 pro, for example coming from W7 Home.

Bit from x86 to x64 can be done. Not sure what that mod is saying.