Good headset for gaming around 100€

mark201200

I'm looking for a good headset that I will use for gaming and music. Doesn't need to have a integrated mic. I don't care about the looks, and don't care if it's a gaming product or not. Since I play CS:GO,I would like to have some surround capabilities (for footsteps), for example, but also be able to plug it into my phone and play some music.

Thanks in advance guys ;D

"like if you could buy two Xbox Ones, put them togheter and actually play games at 1080P! Ha! BURN"

-Linus

HyperX cloud

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHZ | MOBO: Asus Rampage Extreme V Eatx LGA2011-3 | RAM: 16.00GB DDR4 G-Skills Ripjaws @2400Mhz | GPU: 2x Gtx 980 | CASE: Cooler Master Cosmos 2 | STORAGE: 400GB INTEL 750 Series PCI-E SSD/ 3TB Western Digital WDC | PSU: Corsair AXi 1200w | DISPLAYS: ASUS PB287Q (3840x2160@60Hz) And LG27MU67 (3840x2160@60Hz)

Well why not cloud 2's ?

"like if you could buy two Xbox Ones, put them togheter and actually play games at 1080P! Ha! BURN"

-Linus

Well why not cloud 2's

i didnt even know there were cloud 2s... i guess get the cloud 2s then.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHZ | MOBO: Asus Rampage Extreme V Eatx LGA2011-3 | RAM: 16.00GB DDR4 G-Skills Ripjaws @2400Mhz | GPU: 2x Gtx 980 | CASE: Cooler Master Cosmos 2 | STORAGE: 400GB INTEL 750 Series PCI-E SSD/ 3TB Western Digital WDC | PSU: Corsair AXi 1200w | DISPLAYS: ASUS PB287Q (3840x2160@60Hz) And LG27MU67 (3840x2160@60Hz)

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

I suggest this for all people looking for a gaming headset. Get the Superlux HD668b. They do not have surround but because they are open back headphones they are better than any simulated surround sound. They also sound really good with music. They are also able to trade blows with headphones multiple times more expensive.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Superlux-HD668B-Headphones/dp/B003JOETX8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451615023&sr=8-1&keywords=superlux+hd668b.  If you want a mic I suggest getting a mod mic. It sounds better that almost all built in mics. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Antlion-GDL-0420-Audio-ModMic-V4/dp/B00R98JVVU

My Work in Progress PC http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/522048-xeon-build/ <-- That PC was built but never booted:(

My Work in Progress PC 2.0 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/540583-xeon-build-20-code-name-xenox (Hopefully this one boots.) 

oh gross.

If you want it for music on your phone you'll probably want closed which isn't prefered for gaming, if you want a headset get the clouds though. If you are considering something only for gaming look into the world of open back headphones.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

oh gross.

wat.

These are some of the best headphones under 100 pounds

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

The thing is, the cloud2s really attract me cause of the mic(I really don't care bout the quality) and the price is 100. Would there be any benefit by buying audio technicas in terms of overall sound quality?

-Linus

wat.

These are some of the best headphones under 100 pounds

Overpriced Overhyped and Medicore? Far From the best.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

If you really dgaf about looks, and don't need a mic, I would recommend a good normal set of headphones. Then hacking the surround sound in with drivers (Razer does it, why can't you?).

Drivers are usually included with mobo as that's where the sound card is.

oh gross.

If you want it for music on your phone you'll probably want closed which isn't prefered for gaming, if you want a headset get the clouds though. If you are considering something only for gaming look into the world of open back headphones.

I don't really want open backs because I need to be insulated from external sounds quite well

-Linus

The thing is, the cloud2s really attract me cause of the mic(I really don't care bout the quality) and the price is 100. Would there be any benefit by buying audio technicas in terms of overall sound quality?

Don't get the M50x's basically there overpriced and overly hyped because of the original M50's, go for the M40x's if you want a dedicated headphone instead since it's cheaper and arguably better then the overpriced M50x's. For a headset look at only the Cloud 1's The Cloud 2's are more money and all you get is the USB port dongle and simulated 7.1 surround which is....eh..... These are both closed back so you will be isolated as you wanted.

Don't get the M50x's basically there overpriced and overly hyped because of the original M50's, go for the M40x's if you want a dedicated headphone instead since it's cheaper and arguably better then the overpriced M50x's. For a headset look at only the Cloud 1's The Cloud 2's are more money and all you get is the USB port dongle and simulated 7.1 surround which is....eh..... These are both closed back so you will be isolated as you wanted.

Are the cloud 1 and 2 identical in terms of audio?

-Linus

Are the cloud 1 and 2 identical in terms of audio?

The headphones are the exact same the only thing you get on the Cloud 2's is the USB Dongle and the simulated 7.1 which isn't very good. Other then that they are the same thing.

The headphones are the exact same the only thing you get on the Cloud 2's is the USB Dongle and the simulated 7.1 which isn't very good. Other then that they are the same thing.

Didn't know that. Does the USB dongle make any difference, except the simulated surround?

-Linus

Didn't know that. Does the USB dongle make any difference, except the simulated surround?

No, not really.

well I think I'm gonna stick with the cloud. For 76€ on amazon.it they seem like a great deal.

-Linus

If anyone has other suggestions post them, I'll keep watching this thread. Maybe I'll find a better deal. Who knows :D

-Linus