PC for my Dad

Tris15

Hi guys, My dads wants a new pc, he first wanted a iMac. I talk him out of that and he wants me to put his pc together.

So what he wants:

- We are using home a NAS for music streaming. Sometimes we need to 'tag id' for his music.

- He wants it really quick

- Plenty of music

- many internet searching and some youtube and thats it

His budget is 800 euro.

Let me know what you guys have in mind for him! :D

Btw: the case doesn't care but if it is possible a small one (LOL that's what she said)

You dont need 800 euros to make a pc for youtube and music streaming....

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

You dont need 800 euros to make a pc for youtube and music streaming....

What would you recommend then?

Here's what I put together: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1yhXt

Though an AMD build would be fine too.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

an APU for a start.

would for example a i5 4670k give more performance for what he is doing?

Here's what I put together: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1yhXt

Though an AMD build would be fine too.

500gb SSD is a bit too much :P he only has 4 programs installed by himself included Google Chrome  

He doesn't need performance, anything above a dual core won't make any difference. The only thing that would help him would be an SSD.

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

500gb SSD is a bit too much :P he only has 4 programs installed by himself included Google Chrome  

Then don't get an HDD, just use the 500gb SSD for everything. A faster CPU or more RAM won't help anyway, so you might as well spend your money on storage :D

no, go with an i3 or amd.

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

Then go with a 128gb  or 256gb ssd and no hard drive and then use the rest of the money for something else.

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

Then don't get an HDD, just use the 500gb SSD for everything. A faster CPU or more RAM won't help anyway, so you might as well spend your money on storage :D

he has 700gb music so that HDD is needed

Then go with a 128gb  or 256gb ssd and no hard drive and then use the rest of the money for something else.

he has 700gb music so the HDD is needed

Where are you shopping? Location?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Where are you shopping? Location?

Alternate.nl 

Netherlands

he has 700gb music so the HDD is needed

Then make it a 120gb SSD + 1tb HDD.

Hi guys, My dads wants a new pc, he first wanted a iMac. I talk him out of that and he wants me to put his pc together.

So what he wants:

- We are using home a NAS for music streaming. Sometimes we need to 'tag id' for his music.

- He wants it really quick

- Plenty of music

- many internet searching and some youtube and thats it

His budget is 800 euro.

Let me know what you guys have in mind for him! :D

Btw: the case doesn't care but if it is possible a small one (LOL that's what she said)

Figured i would make my own:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1yi4b

Figured i would make my own:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1yi4b

430w PSU? PCPartPicker says it uses under 100w :D A 250w would be fine.

This is perfect for a media pc in my opinion. 

CPU:  AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($149.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler:  Noctua NH-L12 37.8 CFM CPU Cooler  ($49.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard:  ASRock FM2A85X-ITX Mini ITX FM2 Motherboard  ($106.97 @ Newegg) 
Memory:  Corsair Vengeance 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($49.13 @ TigerDirect) 
Storage:  Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($99.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case:  BitFenix Prodigy (White) Mini ITX Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply:  Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply  ($22.98 @ Newegg) 
Optical Drive:  Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer  ($16.00 @ Newegg) 
Total: $635.02
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-31 08:07 EDT-0400)

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

He wont need an i5. The graphics on an apu will crush that of any intel cpu

hello

430w PSU? PCPartPicker says it uses under 100w :D A 250w would be fine.

No.

hello

No.

Care to elaborate? He can't overclock, there's no video card and he has 2 drives.

Care to elaborate? He can't overclock, there's no video card and he has 2 drives.

Don't trust pc part picker's watt thing. also, any 250w psu your going to get is probably going to be cheaply made poop.

hello

Don't trust pc part picker's watt thing. also, any 250w psu your going to get is probably going to be cheaply made poop.

The CPU has a max TDP of 55w, other than that the drives use 20w at MOST so, the RAM uses like 10w and the motherboard uses something like 30w. So even with that generous estimate we're at 150w. Plus just because a PSU is low wattage doesn't mean it has to be crap, here's an 80+ bronze 300w from seasonic. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ss300etbronze

The CPU has a max TDP of 55w, other than that the drives use 20w at MOST so, the RAM uses like 10w and the motherboard uses something like 30w. So even with that generous estimate we're at 150w. Plus just because a PSU is low wattage doesn't mean it has to be crap, here's an 80+ bronze 300w from seasonic. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ss300etbronze

What's the point? 430w psu's are so damn cheap.

hello