How to ask

Clanscorpia

How do I ask my parents to play CS:GO? I've wanted to play CS:GO freely for ages. I've played it secretly (:P) but it makes me feel quite bad. I've seen much worse (lots and lots of war movies) with my dad but I'm just not sure how to ask? I know for a fact I'm mature enough to play and I usually play with the violence off (its only on if I forget) but I'd like to find ways to turn the voice chat off as I think the rating of the game would go own to T if it was off. So how do I ask? I'm also 12 so keep that in mind

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

I started to play Counter Strike Source when I was 12 too so about 10 years ago and never hid it. Maybe that's the best way to do it. Just tell them you got a new game and hope for the best! Always play open cards with your parents because they will find out anyway.

AMD FX8350 Black OC 4.5ghz--NZXT Kraken X31--ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0--MSI R9 380 4G--Corsair RM750--Corsair 16GB Vengeance

Logitech G300--Roccat ISKU FX--Logitech Z623--HyperX Cloud II

voice_enable 0
Enter this in console window. It disables voice chat(mutes it)

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Just say: There is a game I want to play, can I have your permission to play it? and then show him CS:GO and if he deems it acceptable, he'll let you play it.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

That fact that you have to ask means you are not mature enough yet.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Ok, I think I'm just worried :P I guess it will have to go to the bowels of my steam library if I can't

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Being mature is not the same thing as having permission.

Being mature is not the same thing as having permission.

The fact that he feels as if playing CS:GO without permission will bring some sort of repercussions upon him shows he is still not ready to decided what he may or may not play. In this case, if the game says 18+ that means 18+. I am strictly against not following the ratings.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Not everyone's parents are the same

Not everyone's parents are the same

I know. I also know that there is a age rating system for a reason. Follow that.

The fact that he feels as if playing CS:GO without permission will bring some sort of repercussions upon him shows he is still not ready to decided what he may or may not play. In this case, if the game says 18+ that means 18+. I am strictly against not following the ratings.

The thing is with the blood and death turned off the game practically drops down to T like Halo 5

Spoiler

AXIOM

Perception is the defining factor. No matter what his age, if his parents say no, its a no. Obviously he can rebel, but all he wants is his parents approval, not a maturity test. The whole 18+ is a legality thing, you can have all levels of maturity and any age.

Perception is the defining factor. No matter what his age, if his parents say no, its a no. Obviously he can rebel, but all he wants is his parents approval, not a maturity test. The whole 18+ is a legality thing, you can have all levels of maturity at any age.

just be clear about csgo is, if they're not against video games you should be fine. Man, I started playing GTA when I was 7 and my parents were okay with it. Since CS isn't even that gore heavy, they should not have that much of a problem with it.

I know. I also know that there is a age rating system for a reason. Follow that.

I personally think that that system is bad, kids are maturing earlier now. In this case imagine he is average kid who wont suffer from playing this kind of games, but his parents might have problem with him playing them. Should he not play those games till 18 or try to have conversation with parents and solve this in mature way?

The thing is with the blood and death turned off the game practically drops down to T like Halo 5

It's a game about terrorism and shooting people. Not for 12-year-olds. Period. They are extremely easy to influence in the wrong way

I personally think that that system is bad, kids are maturing earlier now. In this case imagine he is average kid who wont suffer from playing this kind of games, but his parents might have problem with him playing them. Should he not play those games till 18 or try to have conversation with parents and solve this in mature way?

He should be able to have a discussion on the topic with them rather than post on random forums asking how to persuade them.

I was 14 when I first played CS:GO. That was like 4 years ago, but my parents were ok with it as long as I did not play it exclusively. Rating systems aren't really valid, I think.

Tokyo Sunshine:Corsair 750d case with custom lighting, Asus ROG Maximus VIII Z170, Intel i5-6600 processor, 16gb HyperX Fury DDR4 RAM, MSI r9 270x 4gb@ 1300mhz mem clock, Sandisk Ultra II SSD 256gb, 2x 1tb HDD

He should be able to have a discussion on the topic with them rather than post on random forums asking how to persuade them.

That is true.

I was 14 when I first played CS:GO. That was like 4 years ago, but my parents were ok with it as long as I did not play it exclusively. Rating systems aren't really valid, I think.

Eh, I'm 19 and there are still games that flat out make me feel uncomfortable and when I see a 12-13-year-old child play them and relish in the atrocities displayed in those games makes me sick. Not looking at CS:GO in particular but I do have a friend who is 14-15 and has become a lot more aggressive since starting CS:GO and MOBAs.

Eh, I'm 19 and there are still games that flat out make me feel uncomfortable and when I see a 12-13-year-old child play them and relish in the atrocities displayed in those games makes me sick. Not looking at CS:GO in particular but I do have a friend who is 14-15 and has become a lot more aggressive since starting CS:GO and MOBAs.

I agree with you, but I have friends who play far worse like practically every M game in existence. I dont care for the violence, its strategy. I started playing AoE 2 and 3 when I was 6. It was the only game I played. Then when I turned 10 I got Sims 3 where you used strategy the whole time and you learned to manage money and follow your responsibilities. I started really gaming about 2 years ago when AoE 2 (Which we lost the disc for when I was 10) went on sale for $4. That was when PC gaming took off for me and now that I'm 10 days from being 13 I feel that I'd like some more strategy games, and more sophisticated ones. I recently got Space Engineers and love it for its amazing integration of physics. I also recently got AoE 3 where it's integration of real events sparked my interest in history 7 years ago when I started playing it. I dedicated my whole 3rd grade year to learning all about the Iroquois who I learned about from playing AoE 3. This is my first into to FPS games and I hope it captures my attention like my other games. My Steam account is Clanscorpia as well if you want to see it.

Spoiler

AXIOM

I agree with you, but I have friends who play far worse like practically every M game in existence. I dont care for the violence, its strategy. I started playing AoE 2 and 3 when I was 6. It was the only game I played. Then when I turned 10 I got Sims 3 where you used strategy the whole time and you learned to manage money and follow your responsibilities. I started really gaming about 2 years ago when AoE 2 (Which we lost the disc for when I was 10) went on sale for $4. That was when PC gaming took off for me and now that I'm 10 days from being 13 I feel that I'd like some more strategy games, and more sophisticated ones. I recently got Space Engineers and love it for its amazing integration of physics. I also recently got AoE 3 where it's integration of real events sparked my interest in history 7 years ago when I started playing it. I dedicated my whole 3rd grade year to learning all about the Iroquois who I learned about from playing AoE 3. This is my first into to FPS games and I hope it captures my attention like my other games. My Steam account is Clanscorpia as well if you want to see it.

Strategy games aren't the same. If you want a solid strategy, try X-COM or SC2. CS:GO deals with some pretty touchy subjects such as terrorism and decision making being the difference between life and death. That, however, is more subliminal messaging than the focus. But it will make you aggressive, that I can guarantee.

Strategy games aren't the same. If you want a solid strategy, try X-COM or SC2. CS:GO deals with some pretty touchy subjects such as terrorism and decision making being the difference between life and death. That, however, is more subliminal messaging than the focus. But it will make you aggressive, that I can guarantee.

I haven't acted aggresive after playing at all, its just a video game and at the end I'm normally thinking about how I could improve, not how I can 360 noscope with an AWP

Spoiler

AXIOM

I haven't acted aggresive after playing at all, its just a video game and at the end I'm normally thinking about how I could improve, not how I can 360 noscope with an AWP

You've not played it nearly enough to notice. I have close to 200 hours in the game and it's already starting to have an influence, making me more irritable and passive-aggressive.

You've not played it nearly enough to notice. I have close to 200 hours in the game and it's already starting to have an influence, making me more irritable and passive-aggressive.

I'm always irritable so :P. I'm not a passive-aggresive person either unless someone is irritating me. Passive-aggresiveness would be really odd for me to be

Spoiler

AXIOM