Upgrade from PG278Q to PG279Q ROG Swift

teeejay

Hey guys all around the world,  :)

did anyone, who had previously owned the original ROG Swift, buy the new one as an upgrade?

I have all the money needed, I am just a bit curious whether to do it or not, because there are few things, that actually bother me.

1. What's the coating of the display, because PG278Q has really rough antireflexing coating, which in some occasions can be really annoying (I would prefer glossy display <_< )

2. Is it considered a major upgrade in terms of colour reproduction?

3. Do you feel, that it was worth the ugrade? 

Thanks for all the answers.

And also, I wish you all the best in the upcoming year of 2016 and I hope that not only your tech dreams will come true!  :)

G4MING RIG - CPU: i7 5930K  Cooling: Custom Loop  MOBO: Asus Rampage V Extreme  GPU: EVGA 980 Ti GTX Classified  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16 GB  SSD: Samsung 840 Pro  PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W Platinum Certified  Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX II  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo  PERIPHERALS: Das Keyboard Ultimate 4, Logitech G502 Proteus Core, Sennheiser G4ME One, B&W MM-1, ROG SWIFT

Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2012CPU: i7 2,7 GHz  GPU: GT 650M,  RAM: 16GB,  SSD: 512GB

Not worth the upgrade.

I'd just wait for a big step up in the monitor industry before upgrading, unless you got the money to blow don't do it.

We haven't even got 1080p IPS 1m 144hz yet...

Might add this later...

did anyone, who had previously owned the original ROG Swift, buy the new one as an upgrade?

I have all the money needed, I am just a bit curious whether to do it or not, because there are few things, that actually bother me.

1. What's the coating of the display, because PG278Q has really rough antireflexing coating, which in some occasions can be really annoying (I would prefer glossy display <_< )

And also, I wish you all the best in the upcoming year of 2016 and I hope that not only your tech dreams will come true!  :)

If you can get some of the money back by selling the PG278Q, then I don't see why not. However, it is a lot of money, so I would have to agree with @AllHokage.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

Not really an upgrade as it is the same resolution, same style and same refresh rate (165hz is not really an upgrade) the only difference is IPS. It is better to get IPS, you will notice a difference, however it is not worth the extra money for just IPS

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]