[In Win 901] Celestial

B NEGATIVE

I don't know if anyone asked this yet, but where did you get that pci bracket thing from? Build looks great by the way.

Check out my YouTube channel here and don't forget to subscribe :D

Current build: Project Athena

e3VmwRL.jpg

Today was all about the PSU cover now its a defunct mount and seeing as its In Wins 30th Anniversary I thought I would mark the moment....

Some slot work to promote some airflow and a nice machined 30th Anniversary logo!

CYjmXc6.jpg

nI9BAUu.jpg

txpmxye.jpg

Some lovely chamfers.....everybody loves chamfers right?

And the article in place,I still have to drill out the bolt holes and trim the case near one of the slots tho.

c7I5fhf.jpg

cndgsjQ.jpg

The idea is to paint these then flood fill the recess with clearcoat,when its dry,sand it right back and you are left with the visual cue of depth but it will be flat to the touch.

The rest of today is going to be spent truing up everything and getting the door panel planned and maybe cut....
Hopefully anyway....

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

On 31/03/2016 at 8:24 AM, nmil said:

I don't know if anyone asked this yet, but where did you get that pci bracket thing from? Build looks great by the way.

Its a leftover from my LUMO build.

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

AgPcGVD.jpg

A small update,the res has been tapped and the whole structure has been trued up ready for me to cut the top panel,after this im on to the storage. The original idea was to have the bottom bay open and the storage mounted in there,however nothing ever stays to plan so Im mounting inside the main compartment instead. I also used 13mm angle to fixthe side panels to the main structure,those screws are not staying tho,looking and some nice CSK with cups
for that job.

After a few pointers from the guys at PARVUM Im also ready to start machining the acrylic parts of the side panels and the window for the main section. Soon I will be taking a small break from this as I have another build to do with a short deadline,normal service will be resumed shortly!

wcnOqBX.jpg

h4hU6mt.jpg

roJ5Ckv.jpg

This is going to look so slick once its painted,just waiting for money to clear before splurging on EL kits and lovely lovely paint.

Its a leftover from my LUMO build.

Looking pretty slick so far. I wish I had to chance to be able to machine my own case :P. Keep the good work going.

Current system: CPU:I5 6600k 4.5Ghz, CPU Cooler: Asetek 550LC, Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gamer, Ram:Adata XPG 4x2 2400, Graphics Card:MSi GTX 970 + Zotac 970, Hard drives:256gb SSD+1tb WD Blue, Case:Corsair Spec 01 Power Supply:XFX TS  750 watt Bronze, OS:Windows 10 64bit

Doing a bit of the detail stuff today,the storage mount is cutting now but I started the day making some little 180 combs,Hans Peder Sahl designed some for a Hexgear build but I couldnt resist making some of my own.....

xqIbeBG.jpg

11 hours ago, B NEGATIVE said:
Spoiler

xqIbeBG.jpg

Wow, its truly insane how tight the tolerances are on your mill!

I like good humans and good food

13 hours ago, colinreay said:

Wow, its truly insane how tight the tolerances are on your mill!

I have another one here with .5 walls but I thought it was a bit thin to hold cables without buckling.

4 hours ago, B NEGATIVE said:

I have another one here with .5 walls but I thought it was a bit thin to hold cables without buckling.

.5mm?

19 hours ago, colinreay said:

.5mm?

Yup.

I can go much smaller.......

27 minutes ago, B NEGATIVE said:

Yup.

I can go much smaller.......

Damn. I want to see some ultra stealth ones, even smaller if Lutro0 stealth if it is possible.

• 2 months later...

Sorry about the delay in updates,I have had to have surgery for a DVT which has kind of left me unable to mod right now beyond tinkering...

This is how my leg looks...2 weeks on.

mqthctk.jpg

4 procedures in 4 days has left it a bit...... broken. On the upside,it wont take long before im back on my feet and getting this build buttoned up!

6 hours ago, B NEGATIVE said:

[...]

Sad to hear but also happy that you will back soon! Hope you get better. :)

• 2 months later...

So...

Its been a while.....

But not forgotten!

9WyPwov.jpg

First stage paint on today and I machined the plastic inserts for the side panels!

And its ma burfday intit.!

Happy birthday man! Happy to see you back in action - can't wait for some moar sexy pics!

On 03/10/2016 at 7:11 PM, B NEGATIVE said:

So...

Its been a while.....

But not forgotten!

9WyPwov.jpg

First stage paint on today and I machined the plastic inserts for the side panels!

And its ma burfday intit.!

what a nice looking paint !!!!!! how did you do for it to be different looking at the center where you'll put a plate and the sides that "glitter" ?

The center piece is a machined acrylic piece that slots in a hole.

• 2 weeks later...

External holes filled,now to paint the outer shell  and lots of clearcoat!

I love this little In Win 901.

0IOWFrS.jpg

Its been a challenge and there is still hardwork to be done but its starting to look more like it did in my head!

Judging by the first images in the thread, I thought this was going to be more of a black and purple build, but it still looks great :)

ASU

I can't say I've ever seen a case  with the I/O and power supply mounted like that. Then again I'm usually a bang for the buck shopper. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2016 at 4:35 PM, Hackentosher said:

Judging by the first images in the thread, I thought this was going to be more of a black and purple build, but it still looks great :)

I have to agree, but then again I think this color will look good without the full light of the outside world.

Really awesome project and im looking forward to the final result (and more build updates :P )

PS. That V12 picture instantly became my new background. Such an awesome photograph!

Cooler master HAF XB // First build!

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350  | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz | GPU: SAPPHIRE TRI-X R9 290 4GB OC | Case: Cooler master XB | PSU: Corsair RM750 | 

HDD: 3.5 TB | SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 60GB | OS: Windows 8.1