First Build Parts (I need help :c)

Hammah

So I've been watching the Linus Tech Tips build guides and other videos for awhile now. I think I have a pretty good head around what I'm doing but I thought I would enlist the help of the awesome community here that Linus keeps saying to check out.

-A little Background

I'm 17 y.o. living with my mom. I work at a restaurant as a chef and I've saved up about $800 so far. I love to play video games but my Dell Inspirion N1550 doesn't peak my excitement when I power it on to play some LoL, or any other game. The experience is pretty bad for me to. I can't find any enjoyment in playing games at the lowest graphical setting.

-The Goal With The Build

I want to enjoy simple games like, LoL, Loadout, Dota 2. I also want to be able to play (what I think are demanding games) Like CoD WaW, GTA, Saints Ros, and Mirrors edge.

-My Budget

I have saved $800 so far, but in two more weeks I can bump that number up to $1000 probably. I am willing to go up to $1000, but that would also include peripherals, not just the build itself.

-The Build

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ddcF7P
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ddcF7P/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($223.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($18.73 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($86.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory  ($44.98 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate  1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive  ($69.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  ($298.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($89.88 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: AOC I2269VW 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($99.99 @ Best Buy) 
Total: $1043.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-31 12:52 EST-0500

My questions are:

Is this a compatible build (with itself)

Is it a good build (For old games, and current games)

~Hammah            

(EDIT)

Changed the entire list with help form the awesome people below

I think I'll get a different case though like one mentioned below

So I've been watching the Linus Tech Tips build guides and other videos for awhile now. I think I have a pretty good head around what I'm doing but I thought I would enlist the help of the awesome community here that Linus keeps saying to check out.

-A little Background

I'm 17 y.o. living with my mom. I work at a restaurant as a chef and I've saved up about $800 so far. I love to play video games but my Dell Inspirion N1550 doesn't peak my excitement when I power it on to play some LoL, or any other game. The experience is pretty bad for me to. I can't find any enjoyment in playing games at the lowest graphical setting.

-The Goal With The Build

I want to enjoy simple games like, LoL, Loadout, Dota 2. I also want to be able to play (what I think are demanding games) Like CoD WaW, GTA, Saints Ros, and Mirrors edge.

-My Budget

I have saved $800 so far, but in two more weeks I can bump that number up to $1000 probably. I am willing to go up to $1000, but that would also include peripherals, not just the build itself.

-The Build

MOBO - MSI Z97 PC MATE

CPU - Intel Core i5 4460

RAM - Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3 (Default clock at 1866, but can be turned down to 1600 or 1333)

GPU - EVGA Geforce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5 PCI ex 3.0

STORAGE - Seagate 1TB Internal SSHD

POWER - ThermalTake 430W TR2 ATX

CASE - Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX

According to BestBuy (The site I'm buying everything at) The total cost is <$700

My questions are:

Is this a compatible build (with itself)

Is it a good build (For old games, and current games)

~Hammah            

At least try to open up to other sites like Amazon and Newegg because they tend to have the best deals.  Do you need a monitor and windows?  Your current build is alright but not good.  That PSU will probably explode.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($223.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($86.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($64.99 @ Amazon) 

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  ($298.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Case: NZXT Source 220 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Monitor: AOC I2269VW 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($99.99 @ Best Buy) 

Total: $1013.62

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-31 02:06 EST-0500

If you need Windows, get it off G2A or /r/microsoftsoftwareswap.  All those sites on PcPartpicker are good and safe.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

the case seems quite pricy for this build.   might be able to get a 970 by cutting the case price to 60-80$

Don't buy from best buy, use pcpartpicker.

I only used bestbuy as a starting point for parts, pcpartmaker was too confusing to me personally. Thank you!

~Hammah

At least try to open up to other sites like Amazon and Newegg because they tend to have the best deals.  Do you need a monitor and windows?  Your current build is alright but not good.  That PSU will probably explode.

Yes I need a monitor and an OS (windows pref). Yeah I wasnt too sure about the Power Supply... Any recommendations? (nvm I see the part list now.) Thank you!

~Hammah

the case seems quite pricy for this build.   might be able to get a 970 by cutting the case price to 60-80$

I know the case is pricey.... BUT IT LOOKS SO GOOD >:D I will not change the case sry :3

~Hammah

I know the case is pricey.... BUT IT LOOKS SO GOOD > :D I will not change the case sry :3

~Hammah

You will want to change the case as it costs as much as you GPU.

CPU: i5 6600k OCed to 4.5Ghz @ 1.35v, GPU: R9 390 Nitro, Motherboard: Asus z170-A, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX, RAM: HyperX 2x8 16gb DDR4, PSU: Seasonic x650, Storage: 850 EVO 500gb, WD 1tb blue, Case: H440 White/Black

Personal preference, I wouldn't go with a Thermaltake PSU. You probably want to get a pretty nice one from the start and just use it for fivever. Perhaps a 600w EVGA model would be suitable?

ASU

You will want to change the case as it costs as much as you GPU.

But I really dont want to give it up :(

if you get one for half the price you can get a 390 which would be sooooo much better then the gtx 960

CPU: i5 6600k OCed to 4.5Ghz @ 1.35v, GPU: R9 390 Nitro, Motherboard: Asus z170-A, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX, RAM: HyperX 2x8 16gb DDR4, PSU: Seasonic x650, Storage: 850 EVO 500gb, WD 1tb blue, Case: H440 White/Black

Think about it would you rather have a nice and expensive looking case or have a better build that can do more?

Think about it would you rather have a nice and expensive looking case or have a better build that can do more?

if you get one for half the price you can get a 390 which would be sooooo much better then the gtx 960

You guys are right... Maybe I whould switch to a matx or mini itx?

Take a look at the nzxt h440 as size doesn't really determine price.  

All depends on if your good with cable management and if you want to have room to expand later down the road.

Also you can upgrade the psu from the Thermaltake to a Corsair 750w with the money you'll be saving on the case to ensure that you won't run into power problems later if you do change anything else in the build. 

Ok well im going offline, I have to go to work. Peace out and thank you so much for all the insight and help!

you can go with 

http://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Tower-CA-S340W-B1-Glossy-Black/dp/B00NGMIBUU/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1451549187&sr=1-1&keywords=nzxt+s340

this case was reviewied on linus yt channel (even with razer edition) . Its quite nice case too and has similar looking to phanteks but without some features like glass panel that hangs on the side but normal side panel with window. Its smaller a little bit but you still get PSU shroud, still can do a nice cable managment especially with modular PSU (i got nzxt h440 which has small space on the back and with normal PSU i nearly could mount a back side panel now with modular one i got no problem and still left like 2 cables for and upcoming upgrade so yea)

and the rest seems good but ppl i see here recommend r9 390 its good GPU but for bugdet and 1080 gaming i would recommend r9 380x its weaker than r9 390 but its better than r9 380 which is better than gtx 960 :D

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/sapphire-video-card-100383ntocl

CPU i5 6600k 4,4Ghz , COOLER Dark Rock 3 from BQ, RAM 16 GB of ddr 4 2800MHz from corsair,

PSU EVGA 750 W GOLD G2, MOBO Msi z170A Gaming M3, CASE NZXT H440 Black/Blue,

GPU Geforce GTX 980 Gigabyte G1 Gaming,

STORAGE 1 SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB and 1 HDD 500GB WD, Windows 8.1.

My mom just used my incoming paycheck to pay her bills... So I can't make this pc until later.

• 1 month later...