WIFI and Ethernet..

lopj245
Go to solution Solved by nsyedhasan,

802.11ac (Fifth gen) And yes just an access point. I would prefer 2.4 and 5 so I can keep smart phones and stuff like that on the 2.4Ghz network and move my PC and laptop over the 5Ghz network.

Yeah then the router will probably end up being the better option for ease of use, I linked one in my other post.

Long Story Short - 

-  Ethernet - 30 Mb/s Download on steam

- WiFi - 3.5 Mb/s Download on steam

WiFi adapter is advertised at max 300 MB/s and I'm 8 feet away from my modem/router (Comcast your wallet out the window) 2 and 1.

I just need a 100-200 dollar router that will let me download my games faster  :angry:  

Thanks LTT community <3

Long Story Shory - 

- Wifi - 3.5 Mb/s Download on steam

Wifi adapter is advertised at max 300 Mb/s and I'm 8 feet away from my modem/router (comcast your wallet out the window) 2 and 1.

I just need a 100-200 dollar router that will let me download my games faster  :angry:  

Thanks LTT community <3

2 in 1 modem/shitty wifi router*

Long Story Shory - 

- Wifi - 3.5 Mb/s Download on steam

Wifi adapter is advertised at max 300 Mb/s and I'm 8 feet away from my modem/router (comcast your wallet out the window) 2 and 1.

Thanks LTT community <3

Just use a Powerline adapter and run ethernet to your PC. Problem Solved

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC

Is this not common knowledge? Also powerline is a thing.

Quote me to get a reply!

You cant really do much about it the signal is probably just bad where you live.

are you getting your bits and Bytes mixed up?

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

^ Probably. Haha but either way he does need new hardware with that difference.

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC

Shit, Microsoft edge auto correct shit, MB/s******

Is this not common knowledge? Also powerline is a thing.

I know what it is and I want a router, not a power line adapter. If I wanted recommendations on a powerline adapter I would make a post about a powerline adapter. 

I know what it is and I want a router, not a power line adapter. If I wanted recommendations on a powerline adapter I would make a post about a powerline adapter. 

Also I have insight into what router I'm getting but I'm curious as to what some off LTT's Tech gurus come up with. 

we're telling you tho..powerline adapter is the better option

wireless is garbage

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Power line is cheaper and is a good option if you just need a better connection for something with an Ethernet port. Also do you need just a access point or a router? Or a router and modem? 

Quote me to get a reply!

we're telling you tho..powerline adapter is the better option

wireless is garbage

Not garbage. It is inconsistent but it is convenient. Which it is whole point pretty much/

Quote me to get a reply!

Power line is cheaper and is a good option if you just need a better connection for something with an Ethernet port. Also do you need just a access point or a router? Or a router and modem? 

Router, already have a decent modem. The built in wifi is just trash. 

Router, already have a decent modem. The built in wifi is just trash. 

So you want just an access point? If you don't care about the router itself and the WiFi only you can just access point. This is a good router. This is a good access point, but it is only 2.4GHz N so that maybe an issue for you. Also what generation of WiFi does your PC have?

Quote me to get a reply!

if you really want a new router

get one of the ASUS AC ROUTERS

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

So you want just an access point? If you don't care about the router itself and the WiFi only you can just access point. This is a good router. This is a good access point, but it is only 2.4GHz N so that maybe an issue for you. Also what generation of WiFi does your PC have?

802.11ac (Fifth gen) And yes just an access point. I would prefer 2.4 and 5 so I can keep smart phones and stuff like that on the 2.4Ghz network and move my PC and laptop over the 5Ghz network.

Yeah then the router will probably end up being the better option for ease of use, I linked one in my other post.

Quote me to get a reply!