1500 AUD Planned Build - Need opinions!

Arctic_OSB

Intended use:

I will typically be doing all of these at the same time .

- Running about 10 Chrome tabs.

- Running Skype & any of these 3 voice chat softwares: Teamspeak/Curse/Discord.

- H1Z1.

v6676pj.png

I also have 1.75 TB in mass storage drives already and another identical 2 x 4GB set of the G.Skill Sniper RAM.

Please post your opinions on the planned build :)

Intended use:

You can get this build for less I think if that's all you were going to do, FX 8 cores really aren't worth it unless you were going to do various productivity work as well

PCPartPicker part list: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/XpTnbv

Price breakdown by merchant: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/XpTnbv/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($294.00 @ IJK)

Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty H170 Performance ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($165.00 @ CPL Online)

Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($67.98 @ Mwave Australia)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($129.00 @ Centre Com)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.00 @ Centre Com)

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB PCS+ Video Card  ($319.00 @ PLE Computers)

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Mwave Australia)

Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($119.00 @ Umart)

Total: $1212.97

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-31 12:38 AEDT+1100

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I want to have headroom for if I choose to go into more intensive things like streaming.

Also to buffer it for hardware requirements in the future.

You can get this build for less I think if that's all you were going to do, FX 8 cores really aren't worth it unless you were going to do various productivity work as well

PCPartPicker part list: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/XpTnbv

Price breakdown by merchant: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/XpTnbv/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($294.00 @ IJK)

Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty H170 Performance ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($165.00 @ CPL Online)

Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($67.98 @ Mwave Australia)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($129.00 @ Centre Com)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.00 @ Centre Com)

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB PCS+ Video Card  ($319.00 @ PLE Computers)

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Mwave Australia)

Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($119.00 @ Umart)

Total: $1212.97

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-31 12:38 AEDT+1100

Do you think bringing over my current FX-6300 would be sufficient as well?

Intended use:

I will typically be doing all of these at the same time .

- Running about 10 Chrome tabs.

- Running Skype & any of these 3 voice chat softwares: Teamspeak/Curse/Discord.

- H1Z1.

v6676pj.png

I also have 1.75 TB in mass storage drives already and another identical 2 x 4GB set of the G.Skill Sniper RAM.

Please post your opinions on the planned build :)

Get intel, and also get the evga supernova g2 750w for the same price as the seasonic one. If the evga can fit in your case though. 

Get intel, and also get the evga supernova g2 750w for the same price as the seasonic one. If the evga can fit in your case though. 

Which Intel would you recommend?

Which Intel would you recommend?

I would say at least an i5 6400. Are you buying from PC Case Gear or another place? 

I would say at least an i5 6400. Are you buying from PC Case Gear or another place? 

Most likely the whole lot from PCCG, customer support seems to be one of the best and buying from multiple retailers just doesn't seem worth paying the extra delivery costs.

Also just looking at a few CPU reviews of i5-6400 vs. FX-8350, the perfomance difference seems to be just slightly lower on the 8350?

Given that I can overclock the 8320 to 8350 stock speeds with the watercooler I have planned, still worth going for the i5-6400 or no? If so, why?

Do you think bringing over my current FX-6300 would be sufficient as well?

If it's not bottlenecking you in game then ya, just upgrade your GPU or something, if not look to the Xeon 1231v3 for your upgrade, and an H97/Z97 board with it

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

Most likely the whole lot from PCCG, customer support seems to be one of the best and buying from multiple retailers just doesn't seem worth paying the extra delivery costs.

Also just looking at a few CPU reviews of i5-6400 vs. FX-8350, the perfomance difference seems to be just slightly lower on the 8350?

Given that I can overclock the 8320 to 8350 stock speeds with the watercooler I have planned, still worth going for the i5-6400 or no? If so, why?

Well what you could do is get a z170 board and update the bios so you can overclock the locked cpu. (idk which boards allow it though)

If it's not bottlenecking you in game then ya, just upgrade your GPU or something, if not look to the Xeon 1231v3 for your upgrade, and an H97/Z97 board with it

Oh I see, do you think I would need a 8320 over a 6300 if I choose to stream in the future though? Because currently CPU usage is around 60-70% at the moment. But I also plan on increase the settings I play on drastically.

Well what you could do is get a z170 board and update the bios so you can overclock the locked cpu. (idk which boards allow it though)

Hmm.. thing is if I can get the same performance as a stock i5-4600 (which is completely adequate) or just under it by overclocking the 8320 by 500MHz and pay 40 dollars less then I'd be more inclined to do that.

Oh I see, do you think I would need a 8320 over a 6300 if I choose to stream in the future though? Because currently CPU usage is around 60-70% at the moment. But I also plan on increase the

It's probably not worth it to buy an FX 8 core just for that, a lot of programs let you move the workload to the GPU anyways.

Spoiler

I know Seasonic are quality PSU manufacturers, how are EVGA?

I know Seasonic are quality PSU manufacturers, how are EVGA?

EVGA G2 PSUs are very good quality  made by "superflower"