Are these 4790K fire sales exclusive to the US?

gonvres

I wouldn't mind picking up a new unlocked i7 chip, especially with everyone posting about their price. However in Australia the 4790K is only $5 cheaper than the 6700K. I keep hearing how cheap the 1150 chips are now, but is that US price specific or something?

Yes there are a lot of sales going on the lga 1150/1151 sockets as I showed in a older post.

http://bit.ly/1TqEWwB

CPU's go on sale pretty often so if I were you I would wait until its around 10-20 AUD off

Ariana Grande's Leaked Nudes!!!111!11!

Spoiler

Ayyyyyy

Gaming Rig:     CPU:  i5-4690k  Cooler:  H80i  Mobo:  MSI z97 PC MATE  RAM:  16gb Fury White  Storage:  1TB WD + 120gb Fury SSD  GPU:  GTX 970  Case:  NZXT S340  PSU:  NEX 650W  Keyboard:  K65 RGB  Mouse:  Mionix Naos 7000  Headphones:  ATH-M50x  Monitor:  2x VN248h-P + 1x MG248q  Setup Photo:  (To come)

I wouldn't mind picking up a new unlocked i7 chip, especially with everyone posting about their price. However in Australia the 4790K is only $5 cheaper than the 6700K. I keep hearing how cheap the 1150 chips are now, but is that US price specific or something?

I have no idea if it's US only, but yeah it's been discounted to like 299.99, even 249.99 at certain places like microcenter. If you look at the retain pricing, there isn't actually supposed to be much of a difference between the two.. the 4790k should retail for like 330-340 and the 6700k should retail for 359 or 369.

Might be, I got mine for 299 at Frys.

Recently or no? If it was recently you could have asked them to pricematch microcenter.. saved yourself 20-50 bucks.

Recently or no? If it was recently you could have asked them to pricematch microcenter.. saved yourself 20-50 bucks.

They only match online prices, not walk in. I tried. Would have cost me more in gas than 50 bucks to drive to LA and they knew it. But it was last week.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

They only match online prices, not walk in. I tried. Would have cost me more in gas than 50 bucks to drive to LA and they knew it. But it was last week.

That sucks man, they price matched for me. The fact of the matter is microcenter is on their approved price matching list (I've seen it) and I even had them price match a TV for me the other day.. even though the microcenter page was like 'order online, pick up in store' the frys manager was like yeah they're on the list so we'll do it. (even though most of the regular employees were telling me eh we probably wont price match (the tv), we only do processors cause of x y z). 

I'm up in NorCal and the microcenter up here closed a few years ago so it's like they especially have no reason to price match.

That sucks man, they price matched for me. The fact of the matter is microcenter is on their approved price matching list (I've seen it) and I even had them price match a TV for me the other day.. even though the microcenter page was like 'order online, pick up in store' the frys manager was like yeah they're on the list so we'll do it. (even though most of the regular employees were telling me eh we probably wont price match (the tv), we only do processors cause of x y z).

I'm up in NorCal and the microcenter up here closed a few years ago so it's like they especially have no reason to price match.

I know I could have pushed but I buy a lot of my stuff there and I don't mind supporting them. I spent less than I had budgeted so I took that as a win. But it is great advice that you offer and I appreciate it.

When it comes to the open box stuff I go all hardcore LOL.

If anyone asks you never saw me.