USB 3.0 Front Panel Connectior

Tyranade

I have a question, Why on earth is that connector so bloody tall... The USB 2.0 isn't particularly big so why is the USB 3.0 Connector?

I noticed it when I tried to plug my USB 3.0 Header into my Motherboard and because I mounted my H60 V2 at the back of my Prodigy, Trying to connect it, it didn't fit and I ended up breaking one of the pins on my USB 3.0 Header, so I just used the usb 3.0 to 2.0 adapter that came with the Prodigy as that was the only way I could connect the front panel USB ports to the Motherboard anyway.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D | Cooler: NZXT Kraken 360 2023 Edition | Motherboard: Asus X670-P Wi-Fi |  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MT/s

GPU: XFX AMD Radeon 7800XT | PSU: NZXT C1000 | Storage: Corsair MP600 Core XT 2TB | Case: NZXT H7 Flow

CPU-Z Validation

Its way faster than USB 3.0 so yeah

Yeah and Sata 3 destroys IDE in terms of speed, and the connector got smaller.

But seriously the plug is just massive, when it doesn't really need to be and it makes it a pain in the arse to fit in small form factor builds. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D | Cooler: NZXT Kraken 360 2023 Edition | Motherboard: Asus X670-P Wi-Fi |  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MT/s

GPU: XFX AMD Radeon 7800XT | PSU: NZXT C1000 | Storage: Corsair MP600 Core XT 2TB | Case: NZXT H7 Flow

CPU-Z Validation

Yeah but the thing about USB is its very compatible. Not everything uses Sata 3

Backwards compatibility and the fact that many devices such as phones use it and USB 3 is sure as hell better to use than usb 2

Yeah but the thing about USB is its very compatible. Not everything uses Sata 3

Backwards compatibility and the fact that many devices such as phones use it and USB 3 is sure as hell better to use than usb 2

Yeah I know USB 3 is better but the connector that comes from the front panel to the Motherboard header is needlessly huge.

CPU-Z Validation

Yeah I know USB 3 is better but the connector that comes from the front panel to the Motherboard header is needlessly huge.

yup it is. I have been wondering why as well. I am guessing that is some stupid specification somebody came up with, and everyone followed.