Windows 10 wont activate ;_;

Mentals

I used to have a valid copy of windows 10 pro, that changed when i upgraded my cpu and motherboard. i found it pretty annoying to not have a valid copy of windows so i just bought a Windows 10 Home product key. The problem is that when i try to change the product key i just get error messages and nothing seems to work. I think the problem is that my current copy of Windows is the Pro version and the product code is for the Home version, I have tried to download windows 10 but every time i try to install it i keep getting the pro version. If you know how i can downgrade to the Home version or anything else that would fix this i would be a happy man once again, ty

I used to have a valid copy of windows 10 pro, that changed when i upgraded my cpu and motherboard. i found it pretty annoying to not have a valid copy of windows so i just bought a Windows 10 Home product key. The problem is that when i try to change the product key i just get error messages and nothing seems to work. I think the problem is that my current copy of Windows is the Pro version and the product code is for the Home version, I have tried to download windows 10 but every time i try to install it i keep getting the pro version. If you know how i can downgrade to the Home version or anything else that would fix this i would be a happy man once again, ty

This is actually currently happening to me. I recently replaced my mobo and every so often, when i boot up, it says my windows copy isn't activated. I only happens time to time so I think this is a bug with Windows 10.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Call Microsoft Support, They'll help you activate.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

I'd imagine Microsoft will tell you that you will need to reformat since you have a Windows 10 Pro edition and are trying to activate a Windows 10 Home. I would contact Microsoft Support and say you had a hardware change and want to activate pro if you still have the key.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

Home key cannot activate Pro.

It will only download pro because your OS is pro, have to download home via ISO not USB from the Win10 Media setup tool

Try activating with your Win7 or 8 key, the latest build of win10 should let you do that.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Call Microsoft Support, They'll help you activate.

after you are on the phone with them for 3 hours.

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

If you want to contact customer support, type "slui 4" in run, as you will need information from there anyway. The contact phone number will also be there.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

after you are on the phone with them for 3 hours.

It's easy.

Call them, tell them you changed your motherboard and they'll give you activation ID.

It's literally like 10 mins (incl waiting time).

I've done it several times.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.