BSOD after updating to latest Nvidia drivers

Bananamancer

Hi guys!

This has been my second experience of having a BSOD.

First instance was different which I posted here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/513858-display-driver-crashed-then-followed-by-a-bsod/

Unfortunately I didn't get any single response from my first post. So, I'm here again hoping that someone might be able to help me so here it goes.

I just updated my GPU driver to the latest one available through GeForce Experience and did an express install. After the installation was done, I restarted my pc.

When I got into Windows, all the icons from my programs were all on the right side of the monitor which was very unsual(it was on the left side before) so I decided to sort them by Type. After my icons got rearranged, that's when the BSOD happened.

Here are the ZIP dump files:

Report Files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h73754vjf9xk726/%28Report%20Files%29%20HTML%201.rar?dl=0

SysnativeFileCollection: https://www.dropbox.com/s/08yx1m9iw3pwn8g/SysnativeFileCollectionApp%201.zip?dl=0

Please help me. Getting 2 BSOD in just 3 days is starting to worry me. I've never experienced this before.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K @ Stock | GPU: Zotac GTX 970 @ Stock | COOLER:Corsair H110i GT Stock fans | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97-X Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB GSKILL RIPJAWS X 1866mhz PSU: Silverstone 500W Strider Essential Series | CASE: NZXT S340 | CASE FANS: x1 120mm TT Riing red LED, x1 140mm TT Riing red LED MOUSE: Razer DeathAdder Chroma & Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Varmilo VA87MR Gateron Red Switches | HEADSET: Logitech G230 | SSD: ADATA 256GB SP900 HDD: 500GB WD Blue & 1TB WD Caviar Black OS: Windows 10 | DISPLAYS: ASUS VX239H and some shitty Samsung 720p

icons being re-ordered are a pain but nothing serious, it can happen when the old drivers are removed and the new ones are installed.

I would  suggest rolling back to the more stable older drivers. I too have up-dated my Nvidia drivers but havent had any issues yet.

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

icons being re-ordered are a pain but nothing serious, it can happen when the old drivers are removed and the new ones are installed.

I would suggest rolling back to the more stable older drivers. I too have up-dated my Nvidia drivers but havent had any issues yet.

But what was the cause of the BSOD?

CPU: Intel i5-4690K @ Stock | GPU: Zotac GTX 970 @ Stock | COOLER:Corsair H110i GT Stock fans | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97-X Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB GSKILL RIPJAWS X 1866mhz PSU: Silverstone 500W Strider Essential Series | CASE: NZXT S340 | CASE FANS: x1 120mm TT Riing red LED, x1 140mm TT Riing red LED MOUSE: Razer DeathAdder Chroma & Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Varmilo VA87MR Gateron Red Switches | HEADSET: Logitech G230 | SSD: ADATA 256GB SP900 HDD: 500GB WD Blue & 1TB WD Caviar Black OS: Windows 10 | DISPLAYS: ASUS VX239H and some shitty Samsung 720p

But what was the cause of the BSOD?

I am thinking its a software issue. If/when it happens again, research the nuts out of the BSOD header.

In your shoes, I would make sure everything is updated, run a stress test or two and see how the system runs. Check that all hardware is seated right and powered properly .... and run memtest or something similar to check that all is good with the memory. My memory started to fail a couple of months ago, and i started getting BSODs that gave a different reason every time. I checked everything over and over but at the end of the day, it was the memory that was causing the fails .....

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M