Anything I should do about my 980ti/4790k build, or is it good to go?

no, the Hyper 212 evo is fine, did you see the LG UW build linus did? it was a like 3k pc with one

You're kind of misinformed on that one dude. Linus used a Xeon in that build (don't remember which specifically, but it had 12 cores, and around 2.6 clock speed i think). The thing with Xeon's is due to how many cores it has it doesn't have a (or need) a high clock speed. Because of it's lower clock speed it doesn't get nearly as hot as normal consumer cpus. Not to mention you can't overclock a xeon. So in that scenario a 212 is a great choice.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

That's a really good idea, thank you. :) How reputable is that company and cooler? I don't know much about them.

Its a very good cooler (beats the 212 EVO in cooling, silence, is shorter.etc) and the company is pretty good too, I own two of their products and both preform exceptional.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

well i do need a color accurate monitor as i have photos to process from my photography hobby

the photos are for my users or friends

If 60hz is fine for you, it should be easy for you to find something that works. I think Asus's 27" monitor is great, though expensive.

I forgot prices got so inflated, sorry...

I think Supply is low on them, saying as its almost 200$ more than the i5 6600K...

If you wait long enough to buy it it's price will probably equal out.

Yeah don't worry, the prices are really high b/c they're so rare. I don't want to wait too long though tbh.

If 60hz is fine for you, it should be easy for you to find something that works. I think Asus's 27" monitor is great, though expensive.

i looking at the Dell Premier Color editions monitors

costly but many photographers highly suggested them

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Its a very good cooler (beats the 212 EVO in cooling, silence, is shorter.etc) and the company is pretty good too, I own two of their products and both preform exceptional.

Thank you. I'll probably grab it.

i looking at the Dell Premier Color editions monitors

costly but many photographers highly suggested them

If photography is your main interest, I don't know much about it, sorry.

As for the cooler, Noctua makes really good air coolers, judging by all I've seen and heard. the Noctua NH-D14 being a good one http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhd14

As for the 980, I read articles that some time soon nvidia is going to be lowering the prices of most of the 900 series (except 980 ti i believe), and the 980 will cost closer to $400 i hear.

For some reason though part prices cost more than they're really worth in my opinion. Most likely due to the holidays, before I could find a 6700k for late 300's now it's in early 400's. Also before I saw 980's that were in mid-late 400's.

I still defend the 980 though. that's my current gpu and I game a lot on it and can play on very high settings @1080p in almost all games. (I was able to max out star wars battlefront beta, and can play dragon age inquisition with everything on ultra. however for DA:I it fluctuates more between 45-60fps

I definitely like Noctua coolers.

Source on the 980 thing? If true, I may wait some time before building this rig.

I definitely like Noctua coolers.

Source on the 980 thing? If true, I may wait some time before building this rig.

This article I found here says it's just for the holidays, but other articles I've seen elsewhere before says it's going to be perm. http://wccftech.com/nvidia-cuts-prices-900-serie/ the gtx 980 dropping to around $440.

This article I found here says it's just for the holidays, but other articles I've seen elsewhere before says it's going to be perm. http://wccftech.com/nvidia-cuts-prices-900-serie/ the gtx 980 dropping to around $440.

I haven't found prices that good at all. :/ It's already the holidays, I wonder if that article was just misinformed or if Nvidia changed their mind.

I haven't found prices that good at all. :/ It's already the holidays, I wonder if that article was just misinformed or if Nvidia changed their mind.

Well christmas is over so they might have raised them. it's hard to tell since the prices for a lot of pc parts are inflated, most likely due to customer demand. If anything I say you should hold off til february maybe, by then the prices should be lower compared to now

Well christmas is over so they might have raised them. it's hard to tell since the prices for a lot of pc parts are inflated, most likely due to customer demand. If anything I say you should hold off til february maybe, by then the prices should be lower compared to now

That's a good point, I hadn't thought of that. Thank you.